Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband and I wrestle a lot. You know, just for fun. I'll be like, "Imma FIGHTchoo!" and leap onto him and, uh, well, he's big and strong and I'm not and not, and it's fun but I wriggle a lot and a few times have ended up with bruises.

Big, hand/finger shaped bruises, on my arms, thighs, even got one on my cheek once. Once, I fell off the bed while we were wrestling and I split my lip.

I've gotten those comments, especially when I say things that are literally true, like, "I fell out of bed and hit my mouth on the night stand," or "Well, I was lining up for an aerial attack at the corner of the bed, and he dodged, and in order to stop me from crashing through the wall, he grabbed my leg and ..." by this time they're giving me that pitied look, the one that says, "You don't need to lie for that bastard!"

Now, my DH is a beanpole, and he'd never hurt me in a million years. People realise this once they meet him. I feel bad about it, because I hate that people would think of my sweet, gentle, big ole idiot like that.

On the other foot, I do think it's a good thing that people are no longer afraid to speak up about things like that. If it were really happening to me, I'd probably be glad for the support and concern. So, I am touched people are concerned for me, and just let them know there's nothin' to worry about.

It can be annoying, but it's a sign of a progressive society and maybe someone who really is in a bad situation would benefit from it.

Comment

Working...
    X