This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moldy Tomato!! >.<

So, I have to share this, for my sanity.

My husband, being so loving, made dinner these past few days. Today, he's in class, so I decided that I would make a nice dinner for him.

I buy all the stuff, come into my kitchen and go for the counter, only be attacked by fruit flies. Ew.

I frantically search for the source of the flies, and I find....the most disgusting, terrifying tomato I've ever seen.

It's moldy, wet, white and green, squishy and overall disgusting. And I have no idea how to move it without making myself sick.

I have this horrible fear of mold and mildew, basically anything that grows. I should have mentioned that in the what're your fears thread. Im scared that somethings gonna start to move and break through the now overly-soft skin of the tomato, and come after me. Or maybe that the tomato itself starts to use it's moldified appendages (yes, it's so disgusting, it now has appendages) and haunt me.

The best thing? I can't take my trash out. Trash here in Peru can only be taken out between the hours of 6 p.m. and whenever the trash truck comes around, usually 8 in my area. Is this a shitty rule? Yes. Especially when there's no dumpster around.

How do I move this thing without it hurting me??
    Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Glove up and get a plastic bag. Invert bag over hand(s) (like and additional glove with the inside of the bad on the outside) pick up the ick and enclose it in the bag. Close bag and put that bag in another bag (and that one in another until you feel safe). This way you will never have less than 2 layers of protection between you and the ick.

I had the same bit of fun with a dishrag after I came back from visiting my family. My roommate had left it in the sink and it had a little bit of meat that got stuck in it so there was rotting meat + slime mold + flies + maggots and nobody else was going to be home for a few hours. Thank god there were gloves or I don't know what I would have done.

Comment

If I found that in my fruit bowl, the whole bowl would be going in the trash!

(It's cheap plastic so I really wouldn't care.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Solumina, how long were y'all gone?! ::gags::

Good advice about the gloves and bags, though.
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Solumina, that sounds like a perfect idea. I was about to put on gloves, and slide the tomato from the counter into a plastic bag with a spatula

*arms self with a scarf wrapped around head, gloves, helmet, goggles, and knee pads*

BRING IT ON!!
          Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

So...did you survive the battle? lol
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

...haven't even started. I'm currently making my husband do it.

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                good plan.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  Solumina, how long were y'all gone?! ::gags::
                  Jake and I were gone for just over a week, the other 2 roommates were there the whole time, they were just at work when I got home (as was Jake by the time I found the nasty stuff in the sink).

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                    That's what husbands are for.

I'll do most dishes but I refuse to clean any mystery tupperware containers that are close to growing sentient life. I also refuse to get near big roaches/water bugs/whatever you call them ever since I saw one FLY at me a few years back. Fiance gets those jobs.

Comment

I've already told my boyfriend that he gets bug and spider duty whenever he moves in. He's a Buddhist and fusses at me for swatting and squishing bugs and spiders. (I call it natural selection. The bugs that do not enter my niche live to reproduce.) However, when he moves in, I will respect his wishes. As long as he gets the damn things out. of. my. house.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                      X