• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Maintenance Men Saga continues

Date reported: 6/23/10
    Time reported: 12:30 am

Work requested : Master- Bathroom

Bathroom is down yet again. I'm starting to have my concerns as this is becoming a frequent problem for this one bathroom. We can solve it with a plunger, but every few months it backs up again. We have tried using a plunger this time and it has not worked.

Special Instructions: Thursday, June 24th is a good day to drop by the apartment.

Action taken/materials used

"ajusted Toilet tank Flapper so toilet would flush correctly

6/23

Thanks, Randy."

I found this copy of our request left on the SPARE bathroom counter... the bathroom we've been using since the toilet broke a week ago. (I got it unplugged but it got plugged up again last night)

It drains slowly, but it works and *I* adjusted the flapper/replaced the flapper six months ago because when I asked the maintenance folk to do it, they never did.

We also have a history of the master bathroom plugging since we moved in a year ago. We had to have someone come in every month for a bit to fix it. It got to the point that we don't even flush toilet paper in there anymore in the fear it'll just plug up. I guess something is down there from before we moved in and it finally plugged up.

So, hm.. I step into the *master bedroom* and into the bathroom and find no note there. Bathroom is still plugged. -.- So I look over the order form to make sure my husband didn't fill it out incorrectly and ask for the wrong bathroom to be fixed. Sorry, he ain't that stupid.

I also like how the special request went ignored.

_____

Date reported: 6/23/10
    Time reported: 7:53 pm

Work requested : Master- Bathroom

My husband filled out the service request form yesterday to have the *MASTER* bathroom unplugged/fixed as it keeps plugging up about once every other month. Please service the right bathroom as the SPARE BATHROOM DOES/DID NOT NEED FIXING.

Special Request:

By Master bathroom we mean the private bathroom off the master bedroom.

Order status: open.

____

I know I was bitchy with this request, but I feel so damned frustrated. -.-

I cannot wait to see if they fix the god damned kitchen sink tomorrow.

I am so fed up with these idiots.

- My window seal is still broken.
    - Toilet acts up still once a month.
    - Apartment flooded because lazy ass didn't run the washing machine and wait for it to fill to see if the sensor was off.
    - working toilet gets 'fixed'.

LORD IN HEAVEN I AM RUNNING OUT OF FUCKING PATIENCE.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Most of these are fake, but hopefully will help cheer you up a tad before you kill someone (we don't need a jail trifecta) - In the mean time, I don't think the note was that bitchy. Considering they are stupid enough they need it spelt out that specifically.

P= Problem S = Solution

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
    S: Evidence removed

P: Something loose in cockpit.
    S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
    S: Suspect you’re right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
    S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
    S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
    S: Took hammer away from midget.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
      Most of these are fake, but hopefully will help cheer you up a tad before you kill someone (we don't need a jail trifecta) - In the mean time, I don't think the note was that bitchy. Considering they are stupid enough they need it spelt out that specifically.

P= Problem S = Solution

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
      S: Evidence removed

etc.....
      I read these about Quantas mechanics. They're not true?!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Considering their age, and the reputation Qantas had for maintenance at the time, IF they're true, they're the mechanic being silly in response to a silly wording of the maintenance request.

There'd be a more complete work-done record accompanying the 'action taken' note.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
          ...P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
          S: Took hammer away from midget.
          P: I.F.F. does not work in O.F.F. position.
          S: Where'd you steal those wings?

I.F.F. => Identification, Friend or Foe
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

First time I saw them, it was US Airforce. Next time Quatas. Either just the backgrounds changing, or someone has a wicked sense of humour.

P = Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces 200fpm (feet per minute) derscent.
            S = Cannot replicate problem on ground.

P = Friction brakes make throttle levers stick
            S = Thats what they're there for.
            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
              We also have a history of the master bathroom plugging since we moved in a year ago. We had to have someone come in every month for a bit to fix it. It got to the point that we don't even flush toilet paper in there anymore in the fear it'll just plug up. I guess something is down there from before we moved in and it finally plugged up.
              Sounds like a problem in the main drain from that bathroom. One place I lived at, they had a similar problem with the main house drain. It was actually cracked and there was a point where TP and stuff would collect, necessitating a visit from the Rooter guys every 6 months to clear it out. The alternative was to dig up the basement floor (my living room) and replace the pipe.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I think the Quantas version's been around forever - had to dig out the ones I got a while back...

P: Aircraft handles funny. (I love this one!)
                S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
                S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
                S: Cat installed.

On topic, I remember having those nightmares when I had my apartment. At least I only had 1 bathroom, so that part didn't get screwed up. But, when it quit working, then I had a problem. Dealing with maintenance headaches was a big factor in me buying my own place. Now things get fixed, on my schedule (or my handy brother-in-law's). Gotta' love my BIL.
                That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

We have maintenance problems in the UK too
                  A comprehensive list of complaints can be found here

Although the above has been making the rounds for a while now, I suspect they're mostly made up.... but given the average IQ of SC's I may be wrong
                  Last edited by Cazzi; 06-25-2010, 08:03 AM. Reason: I can't speel ;)
                  Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Sounds like a problem in the main drain from that bathroom. One place I lived at, they had a similar problem with the main house drain. It was actually cracked and there was a point where TP and stuff would collect, necessitating a visit from the Rooter guys every 6 months to clear it out. The alternative was to dig up the basement floor (my living room) and replace the pipe.

Eric the Grey
                    Yesterday 03:23 PM
                    We don't even use TP in that toilet anymore because that is my fear. My sister's old piping had the same problem. It was an older house with clay pipes and the tree she felled when moving into it had rootbound the pipe that led into the city pipe.

When that got fixed, turns out that the tree the city had put out there had rootbound the clay portion of the city pipe that connected to her new one. It was terrible.

Update:

"Snaked master bathroom Toilet and cleared Drain so you will not have this problme again sorry we Did not service the correct bathroom yesterday.

Thank's Randy"

I want to smack Randy on his lack/terrible punctuation. I want to smack him harder for fucking up every service request we ask for. ~.~
                    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post

On topic, I remember having those nightmares when I had my apartment. At least I only had 1 bathroom, so that part didn't get screwed up. But, when it quit working, then I had a problem. Dealing with maintenance headaches was a big factor in me buying my own place. Now things get fixed, on my schedule (or my handy brother-in-law's). Gotta' love my BIL.
                      I'm glad I do have two potties. The first time the damned thing got plugged up it took them THREE DAYS to come up and fix it. It required a very cranky phone call during my first fifteen to get them to move.

I love the apartment itself though. It is nice and roomy, with lots of sunshine. That bathroom and the incompetent idiots that keep things running 'smoothly'? Not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X