This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    She's also psychotic and will randomly attack feet and legs as they're walking past her.
    All torties are psychotic. I've done research.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

They are. Torbies, however, can go either way, because the tortie gene is only half-activated. So there's a chance they can be normal.

Then again, my other one (an orange female) is just as unusual, so I guess I just hit the lottery with them

I lub mah kittehs.

Comment

Tortoise shell, that's what it's called, thank you! I knew there was a word for it but I couldn't think of what it was.
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Both of our cats have squeaky meows, but Chessie (Russian Blue lookalike) is a chatterbox. She'll give 3-5 meows in a row, like she's actually trying to say a sentence. She even called me "Mama" once. She acts like a pointer; she sees a bug and she'll point at it, like the dog!

Millie is a tortoiseshell tabby (see avatar pic), and she seems to have more of the tabby personality. She's laid back, friendly, and loves to have her tummy rubbed. And she's very motherly, both to Chessie and our son.
          Last edited by XCashier; 06-29-2010, 12:32 AM.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            All torties are psychotic. I've done research.
            Quoted for truth.

We've got one who's not quite a perfect match to any of the descriptors for a female tricolor cat. The lady we got her from referred to her as dilute calico, but she's got really too little white and too much blending of the colors to be truly calico, yet it's not quite tortie either...it's more swirling and blended than brindled like a true tortie, and far more random than any of the tabby/torbie patterns.

She does have the tricolor temperment in spades, tho. She's a responsive talker, whereas the males tend to be "pay attention" talkers, she likes to chase any form of light be it flashlight beams or reflections while washing dishes in the morning, and thinks every cat she sees smaller than her not-insigificant part Maine Coon self is her kitten. Yes, complete with grooming, kitten calling, and even mock nursing.
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              Quoted for truth.

We've got one who's not quite a perfect match to any of the descriptors for a female tricolor cat. The lady we got her from referred to her as dilute calico, but she's got really too little white and too much blending of the colors to be truly calico, yet it's not quite tortie either...it's more swirling and blended than brindled like a true tortie, and far more random than any of the tabby/torbie patterns.

She does have the tricolor temperment in spades, tho. She's a responsive talker, whereas the males tend to be "pay attention" talkers, she likes to chase any form of light be it flashlight beams or reflections while washing dishes in the morning, and thinks every cat she sees smaller than her not-insigificant part Maine Coon self is her kitten. Yes, complete with grooming, kitten calling, and even mock nursing.
              You've just described Sarai in colouring, temperment, and heritage.

Dilute Torbie. The colours are muted and blended a bit, and there are patches of white. Cuddlebutt, chases light (god forbid a plate reflect light onto the wall - we've nicknamed her popcorncat) and grooms anything she can get her paws on.

I wonder if it's specifically a Coon thing...

Comment

You could be onto something, there.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

She's a responsive talker, whereas the males tend to be "pay attention" talkers
                  Orange cats must be anti-tortie. My pig is responsive. I'll be walking to my apartment while hes out being a "super stealth bird hunter" (read: laying in mud). I'll (quietly, as I'm graveyard) make kissy noises and call "pig pig pig."

"MOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

"mamas pig?"

"mowwww????? *runs up a tree*"

"You want food?"

"MoooOOWEEEEEEEWWWWWW" *ignores food in apartment*

"Forty dollars for 12 pounds and still not good enough. WHAT DO YOU WANT????"

"MOWWWWWWEEERRRRROWWWWW *humps blanket*"

"oh. well, alright."

Serious question: My cat LOVES dirt. LOVES IT. He finds dirt just to roll around in it. Is my cat a dog?

Comment

That sounds pretty familiar, lol.

"Hi Kell!"

"Mreeeeh!"

"How's my big girl?"

"Mowwww!"

Murloc does everything by touch or glare, other than morning greetings and demanding the door be opened or wanting his pettins. He'll plant his butt and start meowing pathetically if you don't let him out as fast as he wants.
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

He'll plant his butt

I'm sorry you were saying something about butt planting? I was distracted

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                        I was distracted
                        Looks like a comfy kitteh to me.
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          ...Serious question: My cat LOVES dirt. LOVES IT. He finds dirt just to roll around in it. Is my cat a dog?
                          White Cat
                          Words And Music By Cheryl Wheeler

I was a white cat once, but when I roll around I get all gray and brown
                          And it does not make sense to waste a busy day licking the dirt away
                          And I have staff for that, sent here to serve the cat
                          I let my fur get gray and then I dock their pay

It's a brand new mornin' as I stretch and arise
                          Amble over to the table, little nibble on the kibble
                          Shred a little sofa as I open my eyes
                          Yes I got ratted, matted messed up hair
                          This verbal fur ball does not care
                          I want to be the lord of the fleas
                          I saunter and I do what I please
                          So if you need to see the key to be ungroomed
                          You just stay tuned to this Maine Coon...

I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            he will let you rub his belly, until he decides he's had enough,at which time you'd better hope you can move your hand away before he sinks his teeth in.
                            That's totally Hetfield, but he'll also use his claws.

Which reminds me, he and Nella need their claws trimmed.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X