X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy weather

Ok, not crazy considering it's NE, but it was neat to see*

They were forecasting storms, and this afternoon....sky went dark, high winds, rain, thunder...and 20m mins later..

Blue skies And still hot and humid

*Neat as in I don't think anyone was hurt, though there may have been a tornado...I'm waiting for NWS to comfirm. Hope my fellow CTers are okay!

One funny thing, as my coworkers and I were watching the storm, someone was outside....power washing the parking garage....in the rain....I am sure there is a logical reason for such, but we couldn't think of it.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

i heard about the possible tornado, it was almost exactly a year ago we had ours in wethersfield...

i was at work, got some rain, i think i heard one rumble of thunder. a few times i stepped outside to see what it was like, wasnt worth it, and went right back in to the air conditioning lol

Comment

We got nearly an hours worth of hurricane force storm. Lots of trees down. Heavy branches down. I was walking around town afterwards and this poor guy had a tree fallen down on his car. There was no one parked in front of him or behind him, but the tree just HAD to land directly on top of his car. I got a pic with my cell phone but my cell phone is crap for taking pictures. The power went out at the lab today right as everyone was leaving. They were all pissed because they had to stay another 30-45 minutes to reboot all the computers and instruments, then reload all of the sequences for the samples.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

We had tornado warnings & heavy rain (think 5 to 7 inches of it) the other night. A town not far from here is badly flooded. I'm talking roads blocked, people having basements collapse, etc type flooding.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

So sad for the guy with the car! I don't think car insurance covers that.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's an extra form of car insurance. But I doubt he has it.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
            X