This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naples, Florida - VACATION!

Yes, 5 years later, I'm finally taking a vacation.

So, for those in Florida, what's there to do in Naples.., or driving distance of Naples?

VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

I have only ever driven THROUGH Naples, stopping once to do some shopping at their local magic shop the last time I was there, but generally speaking, when I am on the Gulf Coast, you can find me in Fort Myers Beach! The place rocks.

That is the closest cool place to Naples that I know of, though Naples itself might be pretty cool. But as I said, no real experience there.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Not many people stay in Naples, it's an area where people go to do nothing.

But - at least attractions in Orlando (Sea World, Disney, Universal), Bush Gardens in Tampa, Key West, Cape Canaveral, and Miami (Metro Zoo is very nice - do that in the morning and then spend the afternoon at Bayside) are all a day trip away.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        Yes, 5 years later, I'm finally taking a vacation.

So, for those in Florida, what's there to do in Naples.., or driving distance of Naples?

VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Naples Zoo is worth a look. It used to be a privately run facility called Jungle Larry's. The beaches themselves are quite nice, too. If you like kitschy stuff, Tin City downtown is interesting. There's all kinds of neat little restaurants spread around the area as well. Alice Sweetwater's is pretty good, as is Spanky's. Up north in Fort Myers is the Edison/Ford Museum.
        Last edited by Mike Taylor; 06-28-2010, 11:40 PM.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
          Up north in Fort Myers is the Edison/Ford Museum.
          And Fort Myers Beach, which is kind of a mini-Key West!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X