This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *nervous chuckle*

So, my Mother In Law called me today. Shes putting into process the final steps of making ME her healthcare Power of Attorney. *gulp*

I know some people probably dream about the day they can pull the plug on their mother on law, LOL, but Im a little nervous about it.

I told her to make sure her ALL (2 others besides my husband) her children are ok with this b/c i dont want issues if something were to happen and the decision were to rest on my shoulders.

She had talked to me about this a while ago, but started to put it into motion when she had to have 3 blood transfusions and a bag of Iron last week b/c her hemoglobin was 6! Normal level is about 14.

Lets hope shes pretty much healthy for a looooong while.

Good luck! Long live the MIL?
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I'm both my parents POA, medical, financial, etc.

My grandmother's medical directives are my mother, my father (her son-in-law) and then my wife.

It's scary but at the same time it's kind of an honor (I think).

Of course my parents picked me because they figure I'm the one who won't let my emotions get in the way of pulling the plug if it comes to that.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        Of course my parents picked me because they figure I'm the one who won't let my emotions get in the way of pulling the plug if it comes to that.
        Thats the same reason plus my medical background. She said I was as big a bitch as her (thats a compliment..lol) and she knows I would do the right thing regardless of emotions.

Its an honor but Im a little nervous. She better live forever.

Comment

Working...
        X