X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do this!

Heat whole milk on stove
    Add a little sweetener (I like sugar free White Chocolate Torani syrup)
    Add some Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa
    sprinkle in some dried red chili pepper

I cannot stop, God help me.

That sounds to DIE FOR!!!

Why does it have to be whole milk?

I wants..

Comment

Does it have to be heated? I have this thing against hot milk.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I think heating is necessary for things like cider, hot cocoa, and whatever this is to get the flavors properly infused. You should be able to chill it after.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          That sounds to DIE FOR!!!

Why does it have to be whole milk?

I wants..
          Second. I can't drink whole milk. I can drink 1% though. Can it be 1%
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

No way... nuh uh... I have enough addictions to deal with!!

*okay, sounds yummy, I'm going to try it*
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

It's hot chocolate from scratch. If you can't have it with whole milk, try it with 1% Experiment. It's fun! I love chocolate with chilies in it!
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Sounds like mexican hot chocolate...it can be yummy.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Skim milk tastes like swimming pool water with chalk dissoved in it.

You can't beat the mouthfeel of real milk. I guess if you don't care for full fat milk, you could make it with something else.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    You can't beat the mouthfeel of real milk. I guess if you don't care for full fat milk, you could make it with something else.
                    Good to know as anything over 1% makes me violently ill.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Huh, I've never had hot cocoa with whole milk. I'll give a whirl when I get the chance.

Comment

I can't stand whole milk. I actually like skim (1% is the most I can stand).
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I used to do only 2%, but I've gotten very used to 1%. It actually kinda sucks when I go home, because my folks refuse to buy anything lower than 2%.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                            Huh, I've never had hot cocoa with whole milk. I'll give a whirl when I get the chance.
                            Oh, man. You poor thing. Try it, you owe yourself.

My SCA household likes to make hot cocoa for people in our music tent on cold days. We say "come here and get some of the best hot cocoa in the WORLD." And people taste it and go "Huh. Damn. Yeah, that IS the best hot cocoa in the world." All it is is either whole milk or (preferably) some Hood low carb milk (which is creamy and amazing), high end real cocoa powder (not hershey's syrup, I am talking REAL Godiva or some other high end brand of powdered unsweetened cocoa), a little Splenda. Whip that up, froth it up in a frother, hose it down with a little ReadiWhip, and you're done. Looks like our music tent cocoa is about to get another ingredient.

Oh, yeah, I think I left out the part where you put the hot cocoa through a frother before you serve it when I posted the OP.

Comment

You also forgot the part where you add Bailey's and/or Peppermint Schnapps and get completely trashed off your hot chocolate.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                              X