Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC, you could also try a quick saute to get a bit of caramelization (sp?) going on the veggies before putting them on the pizza.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      CC, you could also try a quick saute to get a bit of caramelization (sp?) going on the veggies before putting them on the pizza.
      This might be a better idea than adding salt to aid draining ... there can be a lot of salt in cheese.

Get a clean linen tea towel, and line it with unbleached paper towels, lay the chopped veggies on it, roll it up like a tootsie roll and twist to squeeze out excess water then the quick saute - cabbage is a real beast for exuding water when heated!

Add me to the list of people who like to play with food =) You can find amazing new foods by experimentation, and some nights the dog gets lucky =)
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Nearly all my cooking is experimentation. I've never followed a recipe to the letter, and I love modifying things with new ideas.

(For instance, I once accidentally made this awesome pasta sauce with tomatoes, eggplant and onions, and it was delicious. Next time I made it, I threw in some cream cheese... and it was delicious! The third time I made it, my boyfriend balked at the eggplant so I used zucchini -- which he also doesn't like -- and it was delicious. The fourth time I made it, I used sour cream instead of cream cheese, and threw in a pound of shrimp - and it was delicious.... Now he's forbidden me to experiment further with the recipe, because it is, in his opinion, perfect LOL)
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I experiment a lot too. And I scour recipes that have new foods, follow the recipe to the letter the first two times, and then I experiment and change things up.

However, I've got a 'meat and potatoes' man so most of the experimenting is limited to different ways to cook meat, vegetables and a starch. Since hubby is not a big fan of soups or casseroles it's been a challenge to try new things AND make them wheat-free for my son.

However, I did discover that cooking venison or beef in a sarsparilla soda marinade makes it delicious. And that the Peanut Butter Factory makes a chocolate peanut butter that makes fabulous peanut butter cookies, so sometimes just watching for new things in the grocery store pays off big time. I can get great results with fewer ingredients.
          Make a list of important things to do today.
          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
          X