This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..... There was this FIRE....

but before i get into that lets have the story.

Get comfy.

So early last month my dads lease was up.

His land lord wanted him to stay but my dad looked around and found a bigger place, with a dish washer at 350 dollars a month, a full 100 dollars cheaper.

my dads land lord was willing to match but not better and the dish washer was worth 50 dollars in rent to him. So he signed a lease for the new place.

The landlady at his new place told his lease wouldn't start til the first but he would move in starting the 26th to make the move easier. By the 29th we have 85-90% of the stuff he owns moved in.

All of this is relivent.

So yesterday we went to move a few more small boxes at 7:30am. We filled up my truck and when we go to turn my truck on it wont turn over.
    We worry that we drained my brand new battery, jump it, move the stuff at 8 am. car dies again jump drive around thinking it will recharge it dies again. we get frustrated decide not to make another trip and will go organize. this is 8.30.
    we check the battery out its ok. We are so annoyed we decided to go see the movie we where going to see that afternoon that morning instead at 10:45 the organize after words.
    We see Knight and Day.

OMG LOVE THE MOVIE! its funny, the story rules, its awesomely acted and Tom Cruise? He plays up the whole 'everyone thinks im crazy' thing for his advantage.

We get out i run to get a refill my dad check his messages, something he always does. and once i get my refill he comes up as fast as possible and tells me the fire department left him three messages.

Cause there was a fire.

So the guy upstairs of him apparently likes those funny drinks that come in bottles they usually brown bag for you alot.
    He got saused and left his stove on and left his apartment. I saw him leave at 8 am. The fire broke out about 8:30. If the car hadn't been a little bitch we would have been there.
    His apartment was relatively ok but he lost all his perishable food, a few books and his shower curtain but mostly to water damage.

But because of the damage his apartment would no longer be available on his official move in date. and his landlord that my dad was moving and was not happy with him and most likely would not let him move back.
    So the land lady looked around and found 5 empty but in repair apartments to relocate 5 of the 6 apartments displaced by the fire.
    It means that the repairs they where in progress have to be done ASAP but they had a place to right away and the firefighters and red cross moved out all the salvageable furniture for the families. So they got him a new apartment.

A even large TWO bedroom for the same rent.

They move his oven form his oldish apartment into a new one. Get a plumber out today, fix the door, fix the AC clean it up, and now only need to replace the dishwasher and repair a ceiling fan.

the red cross gave him and all the other families enough money to buy dinner some groceries and a few necessities.

My dad did really well considering. He spent the whole time in the office where the other families for some reason wanted to bake in the hot arizona sun. He made all his phone calls plus since the apartment he now has had two end tables in it left by a previous tenant i crossed an item off my dads omg more space i can actually organize need to buy this list.

i am post this now because yesterday i was pretty burnt.

Oh and my car? We needed to clean the connector to the battery. Next day like nothing happened.

I so believe in fate now.

Wow.. Im glad no one as hurt and that youre dad is still getting his apt. :P

Fate sometimes kicks us in the chins and makes us pay attention. Lol.

Comment

well if we had been there my dad would have been hospitalized, the stress would and the trauma of the experience would have been too much for him.

Comment

I'm so glad your dad has a safe place now and you're both ok! And a two-bedroom for $350?? Where does he live??
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I'm so glad your dad has a safe place now and you're both ok! And a two-bedroom for $350?? Where does he live??
          Well the complex really rents 2 bed rooms for 450 since he had a lease already and a promise of an apartment on the 1st they had to give him what was available at the price he was guarenteed

Mesa, Arizona since half the town is in a basically house with no business within like 10 miles house prices dropped really majorly, theres unit my my condo complex which 2 years ago would have sold at 150-200 k now sell for 49,500. renters who could now can pay a mortgage for half the price of their rent so rent dropped from 750 for a 2 bed room and a 650 for a 1 bed room to now 350 or 450 is normal for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. House that where renting close to 1000 dollars a month are have been empty for more than a year and are now dropping to the 800s or are now up for sell. One person in my complex got married and moved to a place with a yard for his new step daughter. He wanted to rent his condo but couldn't get enough rent to cover the mortgage so he sold it.

if my mom didnt want to deal with moving we could find a cheaper place too.
          oh the other half we live in is within 2 miles of three other towns, 4-5 miles away from a major university so is big busy and more populated. So now half the populations is abandoning the eastern part and moving west basically for the shorter commute to Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe and Scottsdale as well as Phoenix
          Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-01-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Yet another great example of the great work the Red Cross does, and why they should be near the top of your list for charitable donations, folks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X