This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines

So I went to the E.R. last night due to extreme nausea. I had been feeling this way for a little over a week, but ignored it. The headaches started up and my body began to ache and I started to dry heave.

My theory was that I have been really stressed. My family's theory was that I was pregnant because all of this started up two weeks after I slept with my FWB. The nausea was too much to bear, so we went to the E.R. to find out what was wrong.

Four or five hours later, the doctor tells me that I have been having migraines due to stress. I knew that my job was stressing me out. I knew that someone was going to get sick from the crap my SM has been putting us through. I just didn't think that it would be me.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I get them, too. It is entirely possible to have a migraine without much head pain, which sounds nutty to anyone except people who have been there.

Sorry. Is this your first bout with them?

Comment

It is. I was never prone to them until now.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Sorry. I hope you feel better. I also get migraines, more so when I am stressed. You need to try and relax and sleep, baths, showers, soft music..whatever works.

If you're looking into getting some prescription meds I recommend talking to your family doc about Fiorocet ( I use and I LOVE) or maxalt (i may have spelled this one wrong..its like imitrex but stronger).

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          Sorry. I hope you feel better. I also get migraines, more so when I am stressed. You need to try and relax and sleep, baths, showers, soft music..whatever works.

If you're looking into getting some prescription meds I recommend talking to your family doc about Fiorocet ( I use and I LOVE) or maxalt (i may have spelled this one wrong..its like imitrex but stronger).
          I get migraines too and fioricet is GREAT!!!! I love it. I get the generic form and it's cheap too.

In fact I have an appointment with my headache doc today so I can continue my prescriptions.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've been dealing with head pain for....a year and a half? Nothing's really worked for me; I've tried Midrin, Imitrex, and prescription strength ibuprofen. But the constant dull-to-severe pain is still hanging out in my front right temple. At least your doctor was helpful. Mine usually tell me to lose weight.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

AA, get a full blood panel done. There could be a hormone imbalance going on, oftentimes dull pain in that part of the head can be thyroid or other gland problems. Especially if you have a weight issue.

McGoddess, I've dealt with migraines, off and on, since I was a teenager. Usually mine are related to hormones, but stress can bring them on.

Put yourself in a cool, dark, comfortable place. I used to like hiding under blankets in my bed. You want to minimize sensory input for a few hours, which means temperature, light, texture, sound, movement, scent, and even taste. No candles, incense, or perfumes. Not even tea (although it helps for some people). Just me, a dark cave, and a couple hours of nothingness.

Usually that worked. If not, Imitrex was my friend. There's another one, that begins with an "a" but I don't remember the name.

Comment

Figure out your triggers and how to avoid them. Also, over the counter Excedrin Migraine works very well for me usually if I take it at the first sign one is on it's way and then lie down for a while.

Awful things, migraines. I had one in Las Vegas I thought was going to kill me. It was one of those you remember. I suspect it was due to the weather and the fact a gust storm was going on that day. I dunno. Best to find out what things are going to trigger yours.

Comment

I honestly think it was the stress that I have been going through since I got home that triggered this. Work is starting to get to me and my SM is becoming more and more unbearable. On top of that, I'm helping to raise a 15 year old, since my mom has to work and go to school, and I am trying to be a 19 year old. I can't even relax on my days off, since I can't just sit still. I feel I always have to be doing something.

On top of that continuous stress, I dealt with some serious crap in the past week. Although it is resolved, there are still remnants from it that people just won't die.

In a week, I have to take another pregnancy test, as recommended by the doctor, just to make sure that the negative is in fact a negative. That only adds on more stress because all of this crap started two weeks after some sexual activity (though protected by both the pill and a condom).

Ugh. I can't win.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                    AA, get a full blood panel done. There could be a hormone imbalance going on, oftentimes dull pain in that part of the head can be thyroid or other gland problems. Especially if you have a weight issue.
                    I did have blood work done, but I'm not sure if they checked for that. (My triglycerides are really high, though). The next time I go to the clinic, I'm going to try a different doc that some friends go to and really like. I also need to start up a journal to see if I can figure out a trigger, because so far, nothing. At least the last doc made me go through a bunch of reflex and coordination stuff to rule out a tumor or something crazy.

Comment

I used to get migraines very frequently when I was younger, and only recently suffered one for the first time in ten years. Here's some tips dealing with.

1. Wet washcloth, lay down, and rest in a dark room. Turn a fan or air conditioner on.

2. Eat something. Migraines have a tendency to make you feel like you're in hell, food helps greatly.

3. If you see a sudden flash of light and then see flashes of light and can't focus on a computer screen, you're experiencing a migraine aura. Most of the time, you won't feel the headache part yet for a while but start getting step one ready because it will be annoying.

4. Lastly, if it's due to stress, do not be afraid to give yourself a day off if you feel you can do it. Easier said than done and all that, but if you can take a day off of work. Use the diarrhea excuse if you have to.

5. Check your diet. Whenever we went to my uncles I always had a migraine. Turns out it was the food we were eating that was causing it.

Migraines suck. I used to get them all the time. This should be able to help you out.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Stress is a major reason for it. Also new studies have shown that it is all linked to some minor part of your brain near the cerebellum.

I know you also suffered from depresson, so check your serotonin levels, as those can have an effect on it too.

Takes alot of different minor things to fix it, but your strong willed enough to do it with utter ease.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If I put a cold compress on my face, it will sometimes trigger vomiting. This is not a bad thing, actually, as I find vomiting actually seems to take some of the pressure off the headache. Why I have no idea, but it seems to.

I can't eat when I get like this. I can in the early stages, but when the pain kicks in, forget it. The teeth and jaw on the right side are too painful. It's like a spike through the bottom of the right side my jaw, through my teeth, through my right eyeball, and out the top of my head. Even my hair follicules on that side hurt.

Also, don't stack up triggers. I can do a couple triggers, with no problem, but I hear (and have experienced) that if you stack them up, you will have a problem. So I avoid alchohol, say, when I am in a certain point in my hormonal cycle. I don't eat chocolate, nuts, and booze in one sitting.

Also, caffiene helps immensely. Caffiene and sleep, actually. Sounds like a cruel joke, doesn.t it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            I can't eat when I get like this. I can in the early stages, but when the pain kicks in, forget it. The teeth and jaw on the right side are too painful. It's like a spike through the bottom of the right side my jaw, through my teeth, through my right eyeball, and out the top of my head. Even my hair follicules on that side hurt.

Okay, I've been thinking that I'm crazy because my jaw and back teeth hurt when I'm having a headache. Glad it's not just me. This one's been going strong for over a week now, but I think it may be starting to ease up.

Comment

And I thought my job was bad. At least it hasn't driven me to migranes yet. All I seem to get are nasty nasty tension headaches that go away with enough Excedrin, aromatherapy and rest.

Hope you're feeling better now lil' sis.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X