Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been through the desert on a horse (video game)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    I went through like 4-5 Evans repeater shots before i even dared to try with my knife, even then took several swings. With cougars at least you can somewhat dodge them, but bears are way bigger and you simply can't, add to that the fact that sometimes bears hit you twice in one attack run sucks.

Most hilarious moment, I killed a guy who was holding a shotgun and in his death spasm's his gun went off...and hit me in the face and killed me.
    Does blocking do anything?

My WTF moment happened at the end of Torquemada, when you help the Mexican Army assault the rebels in the ruins. I called my horse to leave....and it fell off the cliff, killing it!!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Uh...Makes you a sitting duck, you still get damaged when you block though.

I hate the "My wife/brother/friend is gonna get hung" cause i can never hit the bloody rope.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        Uh...Makes you a sitting duck, you still get damaged when you block though.

I hate the "My wife/brother/friend is gonna get hung" cause i can never hit the bloody rope.
        Me, neither. I tried hitting the cross bar where the rope is tied, but it doesn't seem to work. I just let them die.

Comment

Almost got cougar'd again last night. Put the bait out, walked off, crouched and BAM! got knocked between two cacti by a cougar coming out of no-where.
          Managed to flick to Dead-eye as it lept again and shoot it once to knock it off then again to kill it.

Nurian - Wolves apparently are easy if you shoot then ONCE with the pistol to wound them then shiv'em. I just do the same as you, flail madly.

Nurian and Rayven - I managed after the third rescue attempt (lol) to rescue the hangee. Shot the rope first from a distance. Now I just need to learn how to shoot hats off people..... without shooting them in the head.....
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Find an innocent townsfolk who has a large brimmed hat, and who is standing still, then just walk around until you get a good angle on the brim of the hat, go into dead eye (this wont work unless you've reached Dead eye 3) and aim for the edge of the brim, but dont mark them, just shoot, then leg it cause a few people might start shooting at you too.

Funniest thing to do in the game, Fire Cocktail + Bird + Dead eye = Homing fireball of DOOOOM!

Comment

A cougar actually helped me! One of those guys that steals your horse flagged me down...just a s a cougar clawed him in the back!

Comment

You tried my suggestion yet, with the Fire Bottle + Dead eye?

Comment

I want to, care to explain it a tad?

I'm almost done on shivving a cougar.
                  One killed my horse and I managed to shoot it, skinned it and yey a second one attacked as soon as I stood up. Flail madly!!! lol.

Saw I'd gotten three quarters of the challenge (Then noticed it says "kill two with your knife and get to pelts" not "kill and skin two with your knife")

I've sorted the hat trick too thanks Rayven. Now I'm playing with "Shoot the other guy in the arm" during duels.

On a side note..... that chain gun is SO much fun
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

In normal gameplay, to get a disarm that actuaklly count stowards the challenges, you have to disarm without drawing blood, so hitting the hand doesn't count, you have to hit the gun itself.

Find somewhere with animals, birds are great for this, equip a fire bottle, go into dead eye and mark the bird as a target (which way you do it depends on your dead eye level) and fire, instant homing flaming bottle Works with Dynamite too.

Also, as tempting as it may be, don't use shotguns on horseback if your target is in front of you, I lost a good horse that way

Comment

The damned title of this thread gives me an earworm. I HATE that song! >:-p
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                        The damned title of this thread gives me an earworm. I HATE that song! >:-p
                        MUAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I found out if you're hunting armadillos, raccoons or any other small animal, using a shotgun disintegrates them!

The homing flame bottle is so fun!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post

Actually, I found out if you're hunting armadillos, raccoons or any other small animal, using a shotgun disintegrates them!

I'll ah, keep that in mind for next time, m'k? Um...thanks.
                          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post

Yeah, I realised it was a mistake to us ethe Buffalo rifle on a flying bird too

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                              Yeah, I realised it was a mistake to us ethe Buffalo rifle on a flying bird too
                              Remember the Daedalus mission? And its culmination?

Comment

Working...
                              X