This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon.com (I am so confused)

Note: i accidentally posted this in Gen work chat. Sorry, mods.

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a 23 year old who does not shop online. I'm used to textural shopping, being able to touch/smell/etc the product before spending my money. But hey, some things you need to buy in bulk. So, I'm looking into buying a case of shampoo/conditioner since its fairly expensive for low-end s&c (organic). its 5.99/bottle in stores.

So hey, go online!

Well.. according to amazon.. my stuff is 9.50 a bottle saving me 37% by paying 5.99 + 4$ shipping and handling making it.. 9.99 a bottle..? That was individual. So I looked at cases.

35$ for a case of six, 8$ shipping.. 7.10 a bottle..

Where are my savings I guess I just dont know where to shop online? :\

(I cant find my lavender soymilk kind in stores anymore )
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

I've found that buying through 3rd parties on Amazon (not the marketplace, things fulfilled by a different company) will net you less savings than buying something Amazon sells directly. I do well buying things like new books on Amazon but avoid groceries or cosmetics.

I did find an ok deal on Spanx there today, though. It was a few dollars less than the Spanx site with free shipping.

Comment

Tell me what your shampoo and conditioner is and I'll try to find it in cases.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        Tell me what your shampoo and conditioner is and I'll try to find it in cases.
        The brand is Organix. The type is Lavender Soymilk. Overstock doesn't have it. I'll buy it individually if its still cheaper/same price as in store, just in higher quantity. Walmart.com doesn't even have it. I just bought it two weeks ago from CVS!

I could try a different kind.. i guess. But I hate the smell of vanilla which is the only other white i saw. Maybe cherry blossom ginseng. I might have to change brands.. I just googled it and the only site that carries it for a reasonable price doesnt really have a functioning website (i cant change the quantity over 2)
        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

i went to Buy the case, and sadly they dont carry it but i when i went to the company site i didnt see that scent?

*edit* found it one second...
          yeah....... your out of luck.... though there retailers websites from what i can tell from the ones with online shopping.
          Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-03-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

its not on any retailer websites, i checked.

Comment

http://www.hairproducts.com/view_pro...=CON-ORG110&fg
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Will it let you change the quantity? Thats the site I was talking about a couple posts up. It won't let me change it, the button doesnt work. I'm in firefox though (its the only browser I have)

Comment

I'd try e-mailing them since other types of the same brand you can change the quanity.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                    I'd try e-mailing them since other types of the same brand you can change the quanity.
                    I actually think they only have two in stock. I tried to add four of another kind and it only let me have three. I'll just go buy something in store.

Internet shopping loses once again.

Comment

And this is why I stopped liking products.

Every time I something, it's nearly impossible to find, the price gets jacked up, or it gets discontinued.

*sigh*
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I LOVE Organix brand. Target had them on sale for $3.99 a bottle here recently. If I'd known, I'd have stocked up for you and shipped them off.

I love their vanilla silk, shea butter, and cocoa butter shampoos and conditioners and cycle between them when I can.

Comment

Whiskey: to the right of the main picture is a smaller pic. Below the smaller pic is a dropdown menu.
                          I could change it to 12 bottles.

C
                          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                          X