This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed ASAP

Just found out, my GF went in for surgery for a staph infection on one of her shunts today. She was making such good progress on her inpatient physical therapy too.

I'm trying extremely hard not to panic right now, but am slowly failing at it.

panicking does no-one any good.

Don't worry, she'll be fine. Minor surgery, and she'll be right back out. Just be there for her. Help her as best ya can. Some
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      Don't worry, she'll be fine. Minor surgery, and she'll be right back out. Just be there for her. Help her as best ya can.
      Oh, she knows I'm hoping and praying for her, but I wish I could do more than that. According to her sister's facebook page, she's gonna be in ICU for a day or two, then back for another surgery to put in a new shunt. This is gonna place her back at square one for her therapy. The infection itself is probably not a big thing, but as I understand it, installing a new shunt is fairly major. The worst part for me is/was not knowing, and having to find out thru a facebook post.

Comment

Well, think of it as just making a tiny dam to redirect the big bad river of arteries from clogged areas in various parts of the body. (Don't know if it's for her brain, heart, or any other area to leak the flow).

You want to do more? Are you two living in same city yet? Make house nice. Ask for some time off work and go visit her. Make a nice big letter and send it to her as a super surprise. Tiny things do work.
        Military Spouse Support.

Comment

PM sent. No sense hanging out any more of my dirty laundry then necessary.

Comment

A small silver lining in the clouds:

Just got a call from GF's mom, and apparently, the surgery wasn't as major as I was led to believe. She'll be going home sometime this coming week.

Comment

I told you too it was minor.

Told ya not to freak out.

Listen to the person in with medical studying. It may be just pharmacy, but we are learning alot on the body and dif techs.
              Military Spouse Support.

Comment

I tend to panic when it comes to my loved ones. Even the ex-loved ones.

Just found out she's not quite out of the woods yet...still gotta get the infection under control before she can come home.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  I tend to panic when it comes to my loved ones. Even the ex-loved ones.

Just found out she's not quite out of the woods yet...still gotta get the infection under control before she can come home.
                  I'm not the expert Plaidman is, but when I was operated the second time, because my colon came apart where it was cut the first time, I got antibiotics intravenously for a few days to battle the peritonitis. Their usual cocktail, the surgeon said. I'm almost sure that GF will be treated similarly and as successful as I were.
                  It didn't hurt and it was only a few days, my sense of time was a bit confused at the time, but I think it was four days before they stopped the antibiotics.

Comment

Best wishes out to your GF, dendawg... Hope she gets well soon.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Thinking of you, your gf and her family. Hope she gets home quickly and you get to talk to her soon to put your mind at rest.
                      "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Update: Turns out she had a MRSA infection. Thank god they got it in time!

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                          Update: Turns out she had a MRSA infection. Thank god they got it in time!
                          Oh dear Lord, so glad they caught it in time!
                          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Okay..final update for awhile...I promise.

Turns out that by "going home" it was actually meant that she'd be going back to her inpatient phys. therapy. She's doing minimal PT while having a pic line (?) installed for a twice daily antibiotic regimen for the next four weeks.

If you guys thought I was freaked out by all the bad news, apparently her dad was that much worse. I can understand, seeing as how she's his eldest daughter. Once the antibiotic regimen is over with, she can go back to full-strength PT.

That's it for now, and thanks for giving me the time to listen to me whine about everything and nothing all at once. Yes, I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it.

Dendawg

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                              That's it for now, and thanks for giving me the time to listen to me whine about everything and nothing all at once. Yes, I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it.
                              I see what you did there.

Glad to hear that things are looking up and they caught things in time. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                              X