This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers, please

Prayers, good thoughts, whatever you can muster up.

My mother was transferred to a nursing home on Wednesday, and I got a call earlier today from my sister, telling me that Mom fell this morning at the nursing home, and broke her hip.

They were taking for surgery to a hospital about an hour away.

I still haven't heard anything, but then, I wasn't really told about the fall until hours after it happened, so I expect that i will have to call to find out how things are.

I have just been frantic all day, worrying and so scared.

Mom is only 75, but with the cancerous growths in her liver, and the dementia, she is very frail.
    She also has osteoporosis.

I really wish I was there with the rest of my family, instead of sitting here by myself, helpless, but I don't drive, and nobody thought to offer me a drive. (Not to mention, I'm babysitting again anyway. )
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Oh no! I'm sorry, hugs and good feelings coming right up.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You know me Ree.

So yeah, even I'm giving lots of prayers.

And mental kicks to family behinds to help you get down there.

Just think happy. Just a fall. She'll be back up and running around soon. She'll likely even forget it happen. (I mean that in a good way).
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Thoughts and prayers headed your way!

:hugs:
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Holy crap, when it rains it pours.

You'll be in my prayers Ree.

Comment

Good quality prayers headed your way. I am so sorry.
            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I'm thinking of you and your family. Hope someone can give you a lift soon.
              "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

I'll certainly think of you today. Hopefully your mother will be better.
                Can't you ask someone for a lift? After the babysitting, of course.

Comment

Prayers and good thoughts heading your way. Hope your mum heals quickly and as comfortably as possible.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

HUGE HUGE HUGE hugs, and my deepest gratitude for your support to me.

Comment

Damn...

Best wishes and prayers out to her, and you and the rest of your family.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Very sorry, Ree...will be thinking of you and your mom.

Comment

She still hasn't been transferred for surgery because they don't have a bed to put her in.
                          My sister was told that they can safely hold off a week to operate before the bones will start to set incorrectly.

They assure us they are keeping her heavily sedated and pain free.

This was after my sister had to make several phone calls to actually find out where my Mom was. She called the original hospital in the same town as the nursing home, where Mom was first taken, and they said they had transferred her to our local hospital.
                          She called the local hospital, and they insisted she was not there and hadn't been transferred.

It was several frantic calls back and forth by my sister before they finally found my Mom here at the local hospital.
                          They apologized for the confusion.

My little sister called this morning, and they said the other hospital still has no bed available, and that Mom could be in the local hospital "for a while".

I guess the fact that there doesn't seem to be any urgency on their part could be a good sign, but I still can't help but think of all the complications that I've heard about as a result of a broken hip.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm praying for you and her, Ree.

Please keep us posted as to her progress.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Prayers..I know how you feel, my mom was placed in a nursing home a few years ago and shortly after she was admitted she ended up falling and breaking her hip, very stressful fime as I was 365 miles away and could not be there. Hang in there!!

Comment

Working...
                              X