This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its too hot

Anyone else melting worse than the wicked witch of the west at a pool party?

I'm a cold weather bird, anything above 80F (not sure what that is in C, sorry rest of the known world) causes a very unhappy Shanky.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

The last reading I saw.... was 100F on my shaded porch At that temperature, it's pretty stuffy inside. I have to turn the A/C on, otherwise the kitties will pass out.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I start getting really cranky when it hits 95+, which will last until about early October.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Bit warm around here. However, I have to pop the circuit breaker on the plug on the A/C when I leave the house or my roommate will crank it up to eleven and leave it running until it explodes, leaving me with a busted A/C and a power bill in the triple digits. He's probably sweltering.

He was even worse when he had his own AC and put it in his room. He'd sit directly in front of it like a big sofa and then wonder why the apartment wasn't cooling down. Then he'd hang sheet plastic all over the place to keep the cool air from getting anywhere else, except that when he did that, there was no circulation, so it only got hotter. So he was sitting directly in front of an air conditioner cranked up as high as it would go and actively preventing it from doing anything that might cool the apartment. No wonder it burned out.

Love, Who?

Comment

It's 89 here now (730pm) and gonna be 100 tomorrow My AC isn't working that well, and I am worried about the cats.....gonna try to work from home tomorrow so I can keep an eye on them.

I do have a basement that stays cool, so they should be okay....
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Hit 97F (~35C) today. Tomorrow is supposed to be 101 and Wednesday 99. Upper 80s the rest of the week. And I have to wear pants to work, no shorts. I also walk to work. FML.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

It's gotta be so much worse up there on the East coast because y'all aren't used to it, and you don't have A/C everywhere.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                It's gotta be so much worse up there on the East coast because y'all aren't used to it, and you don't have A/C everywhere.
                I live in a dorm this summer. With no AC. Couldn't afford the trip to the allergist so I couldn't get the necessary stuff to get AC.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I miss the North!

Though, in the last 10 years we'd had 100 degree streaks there too, but not as much as where I am now. 100 for 3-days, greeaaaatttt.....
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

snagged some fans from my 'rents....feels a bit better....still no word from the boss if I can wfh.
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Its hot down here too. There's a reason us southerners sit around with our sweet tea and take afternoon naps..... its too doggone hot to do anything else

OT: Just got the first ear of corn from the garden!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                        Anyone else melting worse than the wicked witch of the west at a pool party?

I'm a cold weather bird, anything above 80F (not sure what that is in C, sorry rest of the known world) causes a very unhappy Shanky.
                        I'm with you. It's currently 95F at 9:04pm. Yuck.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The constant storms over the past few days have cooled things down rather nicely. As much as I'm ready to see my boyfriend, I'm not looking forward to going to Little Rock.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            The constant storms over the past few days have cooled things down rather nicely. As much as I'm ready to see my boyfriend, I'm not looking forward to going to Little Rock.
                            I can't remember the last time we had a decent storm...and there ain't none in the forecast anytime soon...
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I feel like I'm dying. We don't have an AC in this apartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X