pizza slut
    mr. gagme's
    little sleazers
    dairy fairy
    whatabotchalism
    ghetto-hop (a specific i-hop)
    ghetto mart (a specific wallyworld)
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

speaking of odd names, every time I see debit card pop up in a story, my mind immediately thinks "Visa Debit" or "mastercard debit."

The cards that are issued by your bank/building society/credit union and are not linked to a Visa or Mastercard in any way are just referred to as either bankcards, eCards or EFTPOS cards. Most kids accounts fall into this category since you need to be 18 to have a debit card. When you swipe your card on the Pinpad, it asks you to select cheque or savings. Most folks select savings.

A debit card in Australia, refers to a bankcard linked with Visa or Mastercard. Basically it turns into a credit card, but it's with your own money and can be used to do anything that a normal Visa/Mastercard can do. My boyfriend has one of these and I'm considering also getting one of these.

Then you have your bog-standard credit cards. Some accounts will allow you to link your savings account to the credit card, so you can access both accounts from the one card (My family does this). Others will have separate credit-only accounts. American Express, Diners and ALL store cards are of course, credit cards only.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The only names I can think of for certain places are these:

Asshats & Pinheads (me & my mom work there)

Shopwrong (another relative of mine works there)

The marked path

The path of Mark

Stop & P (courtesy of TheSHADOW)

The spit (my brother put an s in front of it)

The shit (another nice nick name he gave it)

That's about it.
        Last edited by Zellie Crescent; 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM. Reason: I remembered who gave me the name
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Don't forget Starfucks.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

all c-stores: "Stop & Rob"

(as in get robbed)
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
              I'm such a geek
              My brother and I routinely call it Wall Market, after the slums in Sector 7 in FF7. Run by Don Corneo, a ridiculously worthless pimp who trades security, or the feeling of it, for monetary, or sexual, favors. Yup. Seems fitting.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

There's a chain of gas stations called Kum & Go (no I am not making that up), that we used to call Squirt and Spurt.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

There's a pizza place in the town where I work that everyone calls "Pizza No Go" cuz their pizza is so disgusting. XD That's obviously not its name.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

OP: all those names for Pathmark, and you don't even call them Skidmark?

Also, another nickname I have for Pathmark now that A&P owns them is Waldbamark.

There's a Chinese buffet around me called Dynasty Buffet that we once passed by as it was emitting a foul odor. Me and my brother decided to call it Die Nasty Buffet.

Oh, and a store in my town is legitimately named Holla Dollar. Yeah.
                    Last edited by DerangedHermit; 07-09-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

We have a Chinese place called Fu King. People like to say "Hey, you wanna go out together and get some fu king eggrolls?"
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                      X