X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing

Because I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone I actually 'know' about this

I'm 26, no kids, never even been sexually active. And yet I've started to . . . sprout. It started when I was around 19 as just peach fuzz kind of stuff, but it's getting out of hand in certain places, my face in particular. It's starting to get noticeable on my upper lip and the fuzz on my chin and jaw is starting to get kind of lengthy. I have killer sideburns too; simply shaving those daily works best. While I'd rather pull the hairs out because that lasts longer, I end up getting pimples when I do that and it looks awful.

If anyone here has gone to a salon for waxing, what was your experience with it like? Did it cause irritation? I have a very pale complexion so I doubt electrolysis would work and there's no way in hell I'm taking a razor to my face; I've seen what happens to women who have done that. I don't care if people say it doesn't come back coarser. It absolutely DOES.

. . . help?
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I have my eyebrows and bikini area waxed. It hurts the first couple of times, but after that it's not so bad. It does also depend on who does the waxing.

There is a place I go sometimes, that if a certain lady is there I will pass on having waxing done, since she leaves sores when she does it.

At my favorite place I have never had any problems with the waxing. I am a very pale person and it has never been an issue.

I would suggest talking to other women in your area and ask them for recommendations.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

The only thing on my face that I have ever had waxed is my brows but I can tell you that for me at least I can't just go anywhere and get them done, something in some of the cheaper waxes really bothers my skin and I have heard this is true for a lot of people, also some people are really good at what they do and can make it almost painless, others not so much. Just be sure to ask around to find a good place and only try one thing on your first visit.

Comment

I can't afford waxing anymore, besides one time I had one eyebrow that looked non-existent (which is really bad when your eyebrows are light blonde!).

I just buy eyebrow trimmers from the store. Sure, they look like razors, but they are angled and work quite well.

For the facial hair, there are all kinds of creams and stuff you can buy. I've heard good things about the "No No" that is sold on TV, not sure if it's in stores yet. That thing is for hair anywhere.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I use one of those "personal trimmers" that you can get for ten bucks. Actually, I have two - one for face, one for downstairs. They work pretty well, and I haven't noticed anything growing back in thicker. But I do not tolerate a girlstache. At. All.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I think it's an old wive's tale about hair growing thicker after shaving.

I mean, maybe faster....if the hair on my head grew as fast as the hair on my legs, then my hair would already be back down to chest or even longer.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It IS an old wive's tale about the hair growing thicker. It might feel thicker because you're cutting it off right at skin level. When it grows back, it's pretty much thicker because it's shorter.
              For instance, a lot of my male friends have a goatee (around exam time at uni it turns into a running joke that they grow it to "stroke for extra knowledge"). It feels very soft. Whereas the areas that they do shave, that is, moustache area and sideburns, feel very wiry.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

*grumble grumble * Not going into fratching territory****

I get my chin/under chin, lip and brows waxed - i go to the beauty school for it, cause its cheaper, and the girls there want to make a good impression on the instructors, so are extra careful about their work. infact i need to go soon - sometimes i end up with a little bit of irritation, looks like pimples, this can be avoided by using an exfoliating scrub, like St. Ives Apricot facial scrub- this keeps the follicles from clogging or "closing" at the surface.

One time I went to a little asian lady, and don't get me wrong, i don't care where you're from, but she didn't ask me any questions, and just did my brows and it looked like they went almost straight out and were too thin.... i had to wait for forever for them to grow back out so i could have them redone correctly.

a good eyebrow wax person will also do a tweeze clean-up on stray hairs;

Ask any of the ladies you know, who get their brow's waxed where they go and why they go there...
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                X