X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to ground a dog?

here, let me set the scene for ya:
    my room has 2 arm chairs in it. one is my dog's, one is mine. hers has a towel on it and it's on the other side of the room from mine. she knows not to sit on mine. i took her for a walk around 6:30 tonight. took a shower at 10.
    when i went to shower, she was on my bed. fine, i let her go up there while i watch cartoons at night (tonight is justice league ^_^).
    when i got out of the shower, she was on my chair, which is weird. i told her to get down and when she did...wet spot.
    in the almost 2 months i've had her, she has never had an accident. she's always so good about letting me know she needs to go out. in the 3 years my brother had her, she only had accidents when he first got her.
    another weird thing...the wet spot didn't smell like urine. it didn't smell like anything at all.
    i really hope she doesn't make this a regular occurrence. i don't know what to do...she's normally such a good dog
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

It could have been drool. Casey, my mix that looks like a bloodhound/springer spaniel, has drooled on the couch- so much so that I thought it was pee.

Get a rubber mat with rounded cleats on the bottom (you can get it at a home and garden center or a pet store), if she keeps getting in your chair. Put the cleat side up.

An aunt's co-worker trained her dogs to go lay under the dining room table if they had done something wrong. There was a few times she;d find something messed up in the house and the dogs under the table when she arrived home after work.

Comment

i really don't think it's drool...her head was on the arm of the chair and the wet spot was right under her butt.

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
      Get a rubber mat with rounded cleats on the bottom (you can get it at a home and garden center or a pet store), if she keeps getting in your chair. Put the cleat side up.
      i'll keep that in mind, tho.

^_^

Comment

Is she spayed? And how old is she? How has she been eating and drinking?

I think you may need to take doggy to vet at some near point. The fact that she is acting out of character of her normal good behavior, and leaking unknown substance... may signal infection, or start of a serious disease. Vet will help you rule out the causes. It could be a simple uti, and depending on how hot/active/stressed she is, it may clear up on it's own, but definitely keep a closer eye on her for the next couple of days.
        Make a list of important things to do today.
        At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
        Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

The wet spot may have also been that she had been licking at her butt, or hind area.... and when she heard you, she stopped, and laid her head on the arm of the chair to watch you..... and maybe she only gets in your chair when she thinks she won't get busted.. lol. animals can be very sneaky.
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Okay... I change my mind... Treasure has a very good point.
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Is it possible she had a drink of water and had a wet face? Dogs usually do that spinning thing before they lay down..maybe she dripped and then sat on it? Or she was laying with her face in that spot and changed position before you caught her?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

i don't know what it was. it was a pretty big wet spot, more than drool. much more. she's been eating, drinking, and acting normally, and today she didn't have any accidents. i'm gonna chalk it up to a one time accident. maybe someone set off a firework that i didn't hear and it freaked her out enough to piddle. i dunno.

^_^

Comment

Working...
                X