This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snaaaaaake!!

So yesterday my sister discovered a big pile of snakes by our air-conditioning unit outside. Tonight Mom and Dad went on the warpath and have been collecting them. We're up to 8 and some of them are pretty big. (Well, for garden snakes anyway--the little black ones with a yellow stripe down their back)

ETA: Just looked them up online--looks like it's a bunch of Northwestern Garter Snakes.
    Last edited by flybye023; 07-09-2010, 04:54 AM.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

final tally for tonight: 14 snakes
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I use to be very afraid of snakes. When I was a kid, I'd capture them and put them down the holes in sewer grates so that the ninja turtles would beat them up for me.

I was a highly imagative lonely kid.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I use to be very afraid of snakes. When I was a kid, I'd capture them and put them down the holes in sewer grates so that the ninja turtles would beat them up for me.
        I so would have done that....if I lived anywhere there were sewer grates.

Comment

I do hope they turned the snakes loose somewhere. Garter snakes are terrific pest control aids, eating small rodents and insects.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?
            Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

I've had enough of these Motherf***ing snakes in this Motherf***ing A/C

Comment

Aww I would have taken the snakies.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  I do hope they turned the snakes loose somewhere. Garter snakes are terrific pest control aids, eating small rodents and insects.
                  Yeah, they took them out in the middle of nowhere and left them in a field. We've been checking throughout the day and haven't seen anymore so hopefully that's all there was.

Comment

Hee. My boyfriend had a big black rat snake that moved into his bedroom once; it liked the radiator. His mom came-in and thought it was a toy and went to pick it up!

They let go live in the barn, but it came back!

I love snakes, they're so cute with their little flicky tongues!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

squeee snakies!! *grabs one and cuddles it*

what? *shifty eyes* nothing to see here.
                      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

^_^ OH HOW CUTE! I love those little snakes! We used to call them racers, cause they look like they have racing stripes ^_^ When I lived in Cali we used to have them all over our property... it was my favorite hobby for summer to go out and catch as many as I could.
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
                          I've had enough of these Motherf***ing snakes in this Motherf***ing A/C
                          Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes in the AC, comming summer 2010.
                          ......../\
                          ....../__\
                          ..../\...../\
                          ../__\../__\

Comment

You can lick it, just don't squirt none of your juice in it...
                            (black poisonous invisible snakes)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'll stick with cats.
                              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X