This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting tired of apartment inspections

Spent last night at my mom's house, went back home briefly to pick up some laundry, and found a note from property management on the door - basically, they're doing another apartment inspection, with my building being among the three scheduled for next Tuesday. And while it's great that management does give more than the required amount of notice, it's still REALLY annoying that they keep doing these inspections.........I hate having to allow people into my apartment when I don't want to.

(and no, I never heard anything regarding the inspections they did last month, so I don't anticipate there should be an issue.....I just hope this doesn't become a regular monthly event)

could the owner be planning to sell?
    some times with appartment complexes they have to show the status of all apartments and an inspections are the only way with occupied ones.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of - although I do know that they're shutting off the water to the property for a few hours on Monday to get some repairs done, so that may have something to do with it. Mostly it just bothers me because this (and last month's) notice didn't mention the purpose of the inspections, and because I never had to deal with this for most of the time I've lived in this complex.
      Last edited by KellyHabersham; 07-10-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I say ask them why they are doing so many inspections. Unless they have a real reason, I'd consider it an invasion of my privacy, personally.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You have a right to know why. I'd be furious if I were you as well.

Sounds like we rent from relative landlords. All I did the other day was call up the maintenance guy to let him know I got a new car and what make model etc etc and he says "Oh, I am actually here right now, and I see you've got some broken slots in your shades in the livingroom.........."

I immediately cut him off and said "Actually, I'm going to bed soon, I was just calling to have you update my records."

Fuck if he's coming in whenever the hell he pleases.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well, I'd be the first to admit that part of my frustration with this comes from the fact that I'd much rather have my own place, but am stuck with renting because there's nothing affordable in my area.

The other thing is that according to the "Landlord and Tenant Act" for Arizona, management does have a right to enter our apartments for inspection purposes, as long as they give at least two days advance notice. (Which, to be fair, they always do)

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
              The other thing is that according to the "Landlord and Tenant Act" for Arizona, management does have a right to enter our apartments for inspection purposes, as long as they give at least two days advance notice. (Which, to be fair, they always do)
              You might want to see how often they can inspect, by local law. It's in my lease that the inspections are once a year. Every month is a bit over the top.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                You might want to see how often they can inspect, by local law. It's in my lease that the inspections are once a year. Every month is a bit over the top.
                Mine doesn't say anything about how often they can inspect, just quotes the bit I'd mentioned from the Landlord and Tenant Act. And to be honest, the monthly inspections haven't been the norm, but if we get a notice next month, I'm definitely calling the rental office to ask what's up with that.

Comment

Working...
                X