Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant even afford to go to my cat's funeral.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant even afford to go to my cat's funeral.

I adopted Thelma a couple years ago after I got out of the hopsital. She's been my best friend and love snuggle bug. She loves to play tag and hide and seek. When we adopted her, we learned she also has a sister named Louise (Hah! Thelma and Louise!) But Louise was adopted first because the previous owners stated that Louise was the smarter of the two and that Thelma may be mentally deficient. (Not true. Thelma pretty smart, she quickly learned how to open doors with her paws and door handles).

Today I got an email. My cat long lost sister died in Newfoundland. In her estate, she left Thelma millions of dollars. Only thing is, Thelma has to go down personally to get it, or better yet, just supply some bank account numbers and she'll be creditted for it, assuming she pays all the different bank fees that are pretty minor. In the end, Thelma still looking at 52 MILLION dollars.

Not bad for a 4 year old cat. She going to be taken care of us all now. I just feel so bad I can't get her down to her long lost sister's funeral.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

So sorry, Plaid.

Maybe there'll be another long-lost relative somewhere

(pretty slick there, Plaid )
    Last edited by r2cagle; 07-09-2010, 11:17 PM.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quite the scam.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I've made it a habit nowadays to put her name in on any website I must sign up for. So when I see her name, I know it's a scam. I'm still surprised the amount she gets. I just liked the sister one, since she did have a sister.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Very clever! I wish I thought of that!
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I freaked out seeing the thread's title, thanks Plaidy. *sticks out tongue* you scared me.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
              I freaked out seeing the thread's title, thanks Plaidy. *sticks out tongue* you scared me.
              Me too. It can get very costly when you have to put a pet down, so that's where my mind jumped. Woke up one morning, realized my cat needed to be put down - before the vet's office opened. Had to pay for euthanasia at an emergency vet clinic. Yikes.

If I get any of those notices for Casey, I'll know there a scam, since I know all his family....in fact I'm heading up to feed his mom, dad, grandma, & sister right now.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                Scammers from Newfoundland? Lord t'underin' jaysuz...must be dem smarty-pants up at dat dere big school. Mem-more-ee-ahlll Oooniverse-city? Dem dere are all sliveens, deh whole lot of 'em!

Yeah, okay, I can make fun of the province I live in LOL.
                My Canadian best friend will use that accent when I'm having a bad day, or sometimes if I'm lucky randomly. I read that and nearly died laughing.
                I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  Scammers from Newfoundland? Lord t'underin' jaysuz...must be dem smarty-pants up at dat dere big school. Mem-more-ee-ahlll Oooniverse-city? Dem dere are all sliveens, deh whole lot of 'em!

My husband just interrupted his sleeping in to come and see if I was ok. Apparently trying not to roar with laughter sounds a lot like having some sort of fit, or being in pain. Can I get a translation on sliveens?

Comment

Working...
                  X