This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might Be Getting Another Beagle!

Some lab back home in Jersey was doing lab tests on beagles and they were seized. My mom was looking at them yesterday and is going back today to look at them again. We already have one beagle who is about 7 years old. He's very friendly with other dogs and isn't territorial so I'm sure he'd do well with another dog.

Keep your fingers crossed people. I told my sister to peer pressure my mom.

Edit: found a link with the story.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...d-new-families
    Last edited by Greenday; 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Hopefully they'll find them all good homes.

You need to name him Porthos.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

SPCA was closed already at 5pm. My mom said she'd go back at lunch tomorrow.

Talked to my stepdad about it. He isn't too keen on it cause of how expensive it is to have one dog, plus all the hair from our first one. That and he does most of the taking care of the dog. Walks him, feeds him, cleans up the backyard for crap. Whenever I'm home, I'll walk him and feed him, but I'm never home anymore thanks to my internship two hours away.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

He thinks beagles shed a lot?

Be glad he doesn't have a German shepherd!
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          They do. They most certainly do.

Comment

Hi new here and new Beagle owner.

They do shed ALOT considering they are shorter haired dogs

And I have finally learned my beagle is not dumb after all...she just plays it well. I am considering changing her name too Bimbo because that is exactly what she acts like. But I love her to pieces.

Comment

My stepdad took our dog to the SPCA so they could see how he interacts with other dogs. They loved how friendly he is.

1st one they interacted well
              2nd one they kinda ignored each other
              3rd one...my dog tried to hump the other one. He's never done that to another dog since we've had him. Quite surprising when my mom told me. I'm still kinda pissed my mom never took him to get neutered just because "it might hurt him".

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                Quoth Greenday View Post
                They do. They most certainly do.
                This. My dogs are only allowed in the kitchen and somehow we've got dog hair all over the house. It's not so bad right now, but in the spring and fall when they "blow coat" I'm literally pulling handfuls of hair.

Quoth kellbell View Post
                And I have finally learned my beagle is not dumb after all...she just plays it well.
                Mine's very smart. However, sometimes, she's not very bright. Case and point, she loves to chase and snap at the bumblebees. After she's already been stung.

Quoth Greenday View Post
                I'm still kinda pissed my mom never took him to get neutered just because "it might hurt him".
                Well, yeah. It's surgery. He might be a bit sore for a day or two, but most dogs bounce back pretty quickly. When we picked up Ziggy from getting spayed, she didn't seem fazed at all.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Looks like it's not happening. She says she doesn't feel like house training another dog. Just sounds lazy to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X