This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of advice...

I play a lot of the games Games workshop has released. I also stink at mini painting witch is a large part of the hobby. Over a year ago, I made a deal with a talented friend of mine, in exchange for a Warhammer fortress, he'd paint my Escher gang for Necromunda. well It's been over a year since I handed him the Warhammer fortress. He's my main partner in crime when it comes to geeky hobbies and the host of our pathfinder sessions. he's also been a good friend since the 3rd day of college. any advice on how I can get him to hurry up on my models?
    They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Have you asked him what's taking so long? Is it possible he just forgot about them? Maybe just bring it up casually, like, "Hey, how are those minis coming?" If he still drags his feet or doesn't seem compelled to finish them, keep bringing it up. "Man, I love your other minis, I can't wait to see how these turn out." "I'm really excited to use those new minis! Can't wait!"

Comment

If his workbench is like mine...there might be other projects in the way. In fact, mine looks like a damn used-car lot. You name it, I probably have it parked somewhere--Opel Blitz trucks, a Triumph TR7, '50 Ford panel truck, Mercedes 300SL, several '58 Chevy Impalas, etc. All of them competing for attention, and most of them really should have been finished awhile ago. And about this point, I'm sure some smartass on this board will bust my balls why one of the '58 Chevys has taken over 15 years, and is still in primer

Seriously though, you'll have to keep after him.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I sure that's a lot of the reason. Heck, he's been working on making sure that we have decent terrain at the store. it's just that I've completed my half of the bargin and my half cost me quite a bit of cash.

Comment

Does he have other commissions on the bench ahead of yours? Also, how fast of a painter is he usually? I'm pretty good at painting, but I'm about as fast as molasses in Alaska in December....

I think the suggestions so far are good ones. Even if he gives an excuse, you're reminded him that he does have a responsibility to get them done.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's been a year, you have the right to harass him about it.

I love to paint minis, but I don't care to play. If I had the cash and the space I'd just set up an awesome battle and paint it, although I probably wouldn't buy many figures from a mainstream game because I'm not gonna pay the price mark up for popular. Luckily, since I'm not playing, I don't have to worry about sticking to one type.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I like to paint if the mood strikes me. I'm just really bad at it. I'll start putting the spurs to him.

Comment

If it's been a year, it sounds like someone has forgotten

Also remember, that some people take their time when painting things. With my sports car models, I seem to take ages just cleaning up the parts--removing mold seams, puttying imperfections, leveling out the surface, etc....and all of that usually has to happen before I even think about spraying the primer But, once the primer goes on, things sometimes stall there--I occasionally get bored with whatever I'm working on...or I screw up the color coats and have to start over
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X