This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company buyouts

Wheeee yes my company I work work was bought out, they declare they will keep us all and hire more but I will admit I am SCARED that they wont, guess time will tell.... (Just needed to tell someone.)
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

I have been on both ends....the last company I worked for that got bought out didn't go so well and the main company closed the doors to my place. However I'm in a company now that has bought out two others and now it's 3 times the size so no one lost their jobs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

If the companies involved deal in similar products and business models, be worried. If they deal in disparate markets, it's often fine. The former is usually a merger, the latter is often an acquisition.

Youir mileage may vary.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thankfully it was "Hmm we do news groups and what not, you guys do network stuff.. We want to get into network stuff lets buy you and let you do what you do and we do what we do, but we get a bigger bank account!"
        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
        X