This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pattern

So I bought 3 skeins of cotton yarn in a very nice shade of green off of Ravelry's de-stash thread. Don't look at me like that I was emotionally black-mailed by pictures of a cute boxer who needs medical treatment. So anyway! I have what amounts to 255 yards of sport weight cotton in a beautiful green color.

I want to make a shawl out of it. I know I know that's a piddly amount of yarn to make a shawl with, which is why I'm looking for suggestions!

help?
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
    So I bought 3 skeins of cotton yarn in a very nice shade of green off of Ravelry's de-stash thread. Don't look at me like that I was emotionally black-mailed by pictures of a cute boxer who needs medical treatment. So anyway! I have what amounts to 255 yards of sport weight cotton in a beautiful green color.

I want to make a shawl out of it. I know I know that's a piddly amount of yarn to make a shawl with, which is why I'm looking for suggestions!

help?
    my sister made two shawls with one skien so i think 3 might be enough.

this one is pretty http://www.popknits.com/index.php/pa...ternoon_break/
    and this one http://knitty.com/ISSUEss10/PATTanthemion.php
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-14-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

it's not the number of skeins that matters, it's the yardage.

have you considered doing an open lacework scarf and blocking the hell out of it? Check out "Woodland Shawl" on rav (as an example). I'm doing it with 41 stitches instead of 89, but when I block it, it'll be about 13-18 inches wide. I did two pattern reps in the full-size only to realize I'd never have enough yarn for it to be long enough to wrap around one's self, so I frogged it and redid it as a scarf It'll still be very classy and once it's blocked, it'll be nice and wide
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I second tollbaby's advice for a scarf. I can't think of any off the top of my head but 255 yards of sportweight really isn't enough for much else.

You might also consider buying some other green cotton sportweight, until you have enough for a shawl. You could then alternate the colors to create a sort of variagated shawl.

Comment

Working...
        X