This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying

If I see that damned Dairy Queen Blizzard commercial one more time, I am going to scream.

I usually mute it, but I wasn't near my remote.

Those annoying brats fighting about who's closer to the BlizzardMobile, and then the mother, who's lying on the hood of the car, screeching at her husband to get closer .

It's just so pointless and irritating...and loud.

I just want to smack those kids, and push the wife off the car.

I don't know who's doing DQ's ads these days, but they really suck. They haven't had a funny ad in years.

***OMG!!! This is the third damn time it's been on since I started writing this.
    Last edited by Ree; 07-15-2010, 10:25 PM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

I found a link in case nobody else has seen it. (Which I highly doubt, based on the number of damn times it's been on just tonight.)

Comment

*claws eyes out and does this: *

Thanks Ree.

I hadn't seen it.

That commercial would definitely put me off on buying one of those blizzards. (Except the extra sooper dooper ooper cooper chocolate blizzard is HEAVEN).

Ahem ... Thanks again Ree. You're just lucky I like you 'cos I can forgive you for that.

Comment

And I thought I was the only one who HATED that freakin commercial! I change the channel whenever it comes on. Annoys the crap out of me and I can't exactly explain why.

Glad to know I'm in good company!
        I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Is it just me or is that commercial the STUPIDEST thing Ive ever seen?!

Ree, I could've lived the rest of my life happy, without seeing that, but thanks for keeping me up to date. Lol.

Comment

Meh, kinda stupid but not the worst I've seen.

You haven't truly wanted to claw your eyes out until you've had a beepbeep.com commercial inflicted upon you.

My personal least favorite commercial right now is one for a local car dealership with footage of the dealership and the people working there accompanied by some cheesy jingle singers. Any locally-produced commercial for the cable company has at least a 95% chance of being awful.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think it's those annoying fighting brats that get to me the most.

I just want the father to either slam on his brakes sending the blizzard spoons down their damn throats, and the wife flying off the car, or else have him gun it and ram the car into the back of the damn BlizzardMobile, and then they will all be nice and close to it.

Is that too violent?

Does that make me a bad person?

Comment

Oh no Ree! If that made you a bad person, I'd be one too as I'm wishing the same things as you. And of course, everyone who knows us, knows us to be a coupole of these:

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  I just want the father to either slam on his brakes sending the blizzard spoons down their damn throats, and the wife flying off the car, or else have him gun it and ram the car into the back of the damn BlizzardMobile, and then they will all be nice and close to it.
                  Sounds good to me.

Funny thing, I have a Dairy Queen right across the street, and I'll drive a couple of miles out of my way to get Baskin Robins instead. Dairy Queen just doesn't even taste like ice cream to me any more. I'm spoiled, I guess.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

Is that too violent?

Does that make me a bad person?
                    No Ree, it doesn't make you a bad person. It is, however, and excellent example as to why we are friends!
                    "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

I rarely watch TV now, and even *I've* seen that commercial.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, it's not the stupidest commercial out there. I think I'll nominate the Hillshire Farms commercials for that.

But yes, it's bad. I like DQ, and hate those commercials.
                        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Here's why _I_ love it: There are commercials that show NOTHING but people driving a car on the freeway, with the disclaimer "Professional Driver, Closed Course, Do Not Attempt..."

afaik, there is NO such disclaimer on a commercial featuring a woman CLAMBERING ON THE HOOD OF A MOVING CAR!

Comment

They did have a disclaimer. It was just in small type. I think they were going with the fact that it was clearly not something you'd actually do, so the disclaimer was there strictly because it was required, not because they thought someone would actually try it.

Comment

A few years ago, DQ came out with a brownie batter Blizzard.
                              The commercials showed people licking the beaters that were still attached to the mixer.

DQ was actually forced to put that same disclaimer on their ads, because a bunch of people went apeshit about safety.

That's probably why they put the disclaimer on this one, too.

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
                              It is, however, and excellent example as to why we are friends!

I know!!

Comment

Working...
                              X