This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Line of...Chance?

July 13, 2010 - Over at a friends house and while we're standing outside a big shiny truck slows down and tosses a while plastic bag out of the door before speeding off and leaving tire marks at a sharp corner not that far up the road. Friend starts swearing about how inconsiderate people are to just throw trash like that. The bag moves a bit and a beautiful long haired black cat pops halfway out of the bag. We exclaim in surprise and the poor dear disappears into some long weeds across the road.

July 14, 2010 - Friend talks about glimpsing the cat here and there, has now bought a SMALL bag of food and has been putting some out to try and tempt the cat to the house.

Skip forward a bit...

July 17, 2010 - Customer on one of my routes says good bye to a close feline companion who has succumb to age.

July 18, 2010 - Cat was captured at a neighbors house, kidling let the cat out when it started meowing at the door.

July 19, 2010 - Cat is seen around the friends house and looks to be...waiting.

July 20, 2010 - 2:21pm - I'm running 20 minuets ahead on the route said customer from before lives on. A girl runs from a business asking if I can wait, they are just finishing up a late incoming order and she would love if it could get out today.

2:49pm - 10 minuets early on the route and another person running late with bills who kept mumbling that they usually have this done in the morning. Grumble grumble mumble mumble.

3:15pm - Customer gets home just ahead of me and while I'm exchanging mail for pleasantries she brings up if I just happen to know anyone with a cat that needs a good home. Not a kitten but a good cat. I tell her I'll keep my ears open.

6:29pm - I'm relaxing in bed and sipping some water with my dinner set next to me and my phone rings. It's my friend... the cat was waiting on her porch when she got home. As if to say, it's time.

7:03pm - I pick up a very pretty but very very thin cat who buries her face into the crook of my arm and gives a very weak slight purr. Telling me it's about time. I let the friend know I may have a home for her and if not I'll find her a good place, even if I have to hide her at my place.

8:22pm - Get to customers house and almost leave dissapointed when I ask if she would like to see the cat I have with me. She is taken back a bit and turns on several lights to see better. I unzip the carrier and the cat walks out all regal she could be for as thin and weak as she is. Looking at me for a moment she walks over to my customers legs, rubs against her and then heads in the house to investigate.

The cat walks around and then jumps into the empty and clean litter box and gives the looks of, this needs to be fixed. The customer exclaims how beautiful she is and hurries to get the last of the litter she had on hand plus some food and water while I watch the cat look about. Customer, sets down the food and water and the cat regally climbs out of the litter box to drink some water.

With a very very weak purr one can almost hear she rubs against Customer's legs and then lays down on the floor, with a cat like sigh, she's home...

Quoth Aethian View Post
    then lays down on the floor, with a cat like sigh, she's home...
    Quoth Aethian View Post
    8:22pm - [cat] then heads in the house
    The cat was at home at 8:22. Anyone elses opinion was void at that point.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Yea I think so too. :P

Comment

Yup, you can't argue with a cat once they make up their fuzzy lil mind.
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Awwww! Poor lil kitty! Glad y'all found it and it's safe.

Who tosses kitties from cars with a good conscience??!!
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Aww happy ending for customer and kitty! YAY!!!

My uncles cat had kittens in June. There is one I am truly in love with. They will be old enough to take away from their mother the day before my birthday.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Good conscience? Nobody. Heartless and cruel conscience. I am glad you found the cat a home.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

KITTY!! if you can...pictures?
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

ooh yeah picture of beautiful kitty!

Some people should never be let near animals, the man who threw it from the van.
                  Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Thank you for helping Hungry Kitty. Thank you from me, Fuzzy and Misha-girl. We are all glad you took the time to help a fuzzy.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                      Awwww! Poor lil kitty! Glad y'all found it and it's safe.

Who tosses kitties from cars with a good conscience??!!
                      That's how I got my cat. She was tossed from a car on a highway.
                      "Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine"

Comment

I'm sorry all I was unable to get a picture of her feline majesty. I'm kicking myself right now for not doing so. But I should see her in a week when I do Customer's route again. I'll try for a picture then.

Comment

Working...
                        X