This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Month at the Museum!

The Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago is running a contest... if you get picked and live for a month at the museum (eating & sleeping & blogging & talking to media & doing demos) then you win $10,000.

I'm applying!

OMG, I hope that I get in. Or at least get to be a finalist. Or a semi-finalist. This is a strange and amazing opportunity for me, because I've always had this weird dream to live in a museum, after reading From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler when I was growing up.

So.... wish me luck? For more info on it, the link is here: http://www.msichicago.org/matm/
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

So long as there's food and bathrooms, I could manage!

Good luck, bardic!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      So long as there's food and bathrooms, I could manage!

Good luck, bardic!
      Thanks! You eat & sleep at the museum... and they'll have shower facilities... I think that it's like a tiny apartment in the museum somewhere or something like that... but I'd get to wander around the museum at night after it's closed. That would be SO cool! The downside is limited personal internet for the month... so no customer's suck forum for me. Of course, if I won it, I'd post my facebook/twitter/etc links on here so you guys could follow my adventures.

With my luck, I won't win.... but this is such an awesome opportunity and a dream of mine (I'm strange) so I have to try!
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
        I just hope it's nothing like "Night at the Museum" and the T-Rex doesn't come to life! I've always loved museums, but only during daytime hours. Good luck!
        LOL. No T-Rex at this museum!

Comment

Yeah, "Sue" is locked up down at the Field Museum.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
          X