This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nermal Is A Terror

There is something about the box my newest kitty, Nermal does not like. She shit outside the box, in the bathtub, and in the very expensive cat food, but not the box. Ive seen her go in the box, and sometimes she does, but I have white carpet. There will be no shitting on the carpet. My friend says to change the litter type, but besides that is there anything to do?

Heres a picture y'all can put on milk cartons once she mysteriously disappears. Sully is my big, orange baby (emphasis on baby)

Click image for larger version

Name:	nermal&sully.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	2033198
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Whatta cutie! I have a kitty named Nermal, too!

There's another thread around here with the same dilemma.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Where is the box? She could just be very picky about location. If there's foot traffic around the box she may not feel secure using it. Or she may have an issue with territory if there are other cats/other pets around.

You could try moving the box to a different spot, if you've got the room for it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How many litter boxes do you have? I have four boxes for three cats.
        Have you tried the litter that attracts cats? I'm not sure of the name; I have seen it for sell at Petsmart.
        I have been thinking about training my cats to use the actual toilet to save on litter.

Comment

Indeed. Some cats are very picky about what litter. (Some hate the kind that has strong aroma's that make it so we don't smell it as bad).
          Foot traffic is another, if its near where people walk by alot. Some cats like having thier privcy just like normal people. (Does your have a privacy cover?)
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'm having the same problem. One of my two is peeing right next to the litter box. I clean it EVERY DAY, and still with the peeing. As soon as I finish with the jug I have, I'm switching litter types. I've read some cats might not like deodorizing crystals, which I use.

Oh, and it looks like you've got a Maine coon, also, hu?
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Where is the box? She could just be very picky about location. If there's foot traffic around the box she may not feel secure using it. Or she may have an issue with territory if there are other cats/other pets around.

You could try moving the box to a different spot, if you've got the room for it.
              I have two boxes, both are hidden away in closets (doors always left open) for this very reason. The original box, when I just had sully, was next to my shower because he couldn't give a fuck left or right about his box. The only box i've seen her use, is sullys box.

God she has to do everything he does. She won't even eat without him.

I've been using the cheapest litter possible, because Sully doesn't care, but I'll do some research on a good brand.

I've been giving them too much wet food lately. I just filled the bowls with dry food and he looked at me like "What the fuck is this?" :|

(Does your have a privacy cover?)
              One box has a cover, one doesnt.

I have been thinking about training my cats to use the actual toilet to save on litter.
              I've been thinking of this too, but I don't know if I could remember to remove the box so I could use the bathroom. Fairly certain sully would have an issue with someone ELSE pooping in his box.

I might move one of the boxes into my bedroom. Now theres vomit AND shit stains on my precious white carpet. Stanley Steemers has their work cut out for them.
              Last edited by Whiskey; 07-23-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
                http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...734&lmdn=Price That? 14 bucks for 20 lbs.

Then again I just paid 22$ for 6.6lbs of cat food so.

If you feed your dog/cat/ferret HealthWise®, Innova®, EVO®, Karma® and California Natural® foods (or want to try) heres a coupon
                7$ off a 5lbs+ bag of food. https://www.naturaadvantage.com/ My pet store (its across the street, they know me and sully) directed me to it. They said something about a free 6.6lb bag of food too but i'm not seeing it :\

edit: I am so fucking retarded. I spent 20$ on new food because nermal decided the food bin was the place to shit, so I threw it out. Now i'm heading to the store in an !!!URGENT RUSH!!! to get fairy princess over there special 12$-a-bag litter. I still haven't eaten. I ensure my cats are more comfortable in their lifestyle than I am. My medication wasn't as urgent as this stupid litter.

stupid warped priorities.
                Last edited by Whiskey; 07-23-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I spend about that much on kitty food, too, for my brat cat. Hell, if I had to choose who ate and who didn't, the cat would win without a doubt.

Sometimes my cat does that too, poop outside the litter box. You might want to go out and get some of those plastic drop cloths, you know the kind you use while painting and don't wanna get paint on the floor/carpet/etc? Yea, those things -- I have one down around the cat's box, just in case.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    I spend about that much on kitty food, too, for my brat cat. Hell, if I had to choose who ate and who didn't, the cat would win without a doubt.

Sometimes my cat does that too, poop outside the litter box. You might want to go out and get some of those plastic drop cloths, you know the kind you use while painting and don't wanna get paint on the floor/carpet/etc? Yea, those things -- I have one down around the cat's box, just in case.
                    I might just tarp both closet floors and up the walls since apparently someone got avant garde with their shit and flung it at the door.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a commercial, this stuff works great on those kinds of stains-Woolite Pet-Oxygen Stain and Odor Remover.

I just spray it on, scrub a little with a brush and it's gone.
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Well, Sully is using the new litter. Nermal jumped out like it bit her.

edit: nermal shit in the box, kind of. Rather, she shit on the very edge of this box. None of it hit the carpet, so yay small victories. I think shes sick. Ive never seen her poop solid and she's not gaining weight like i expect her to (considering the nutrient dense food I feed her). She eats and shes very active. Shes been playing with her new nip mouse all day, but I'm still worried.
                        Last edited by Whiskey; 07-24-2010, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          Well, Sully is using the new litter. Nermal jumped out like it bit her.

edit: nermal shit in the box, kind of. Rather, she shit on the very edge of this box. None of it hit the carpet, so yay small victories. I think shes sick. Ive never seen her poop solid and she's not gaining weight like i expect her to (considering the nutrient dense food I feed her). She eats and shes very active. Shes been playing with her new nip mouse all day, but I'm still worried.
                          try placing something underneath the cat box my cats seem to like it.
                          Thats all i have.

Comment

Been dewormed?
                            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

What you're describing sounds a lot like Nermal might be sick, like you said in your last post. Can you afford to get her to a vet for a general checkup? Another possibility is that maybe your litter boxes are too small for her to feel comforatable with? I had a fairly large cat (Miss Velcro) who felt entirely too cramped in even the largest actual litter pan I could find, and so would pee and poop on the edge or just over the edge of the pan. That stopped pretty much instantly and forever when I got a MUCH larger tub to use as a litter pan, one of those under the bed storage tubs. They really aren't any harder to keep clean than any other litter pan.
                              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X