This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Ten dollars would be a rip off. If I were that kid, and I did what he did, and got ten bucks for it, I would never be willing to do that again.

Seriously.
    That's exactly why I dont take care of my neighbor's dog anymore. After 18 years of taking care of her pets. She decided that even though I do the same thing professionally, she shouldn't give me more then 10 dollars a week, she decided not even to pay me for weekends. Seriously that long and she refusing to give me more then 10 dollars a WEEK, I had been getting that same amount since I was a kid. She even said after working all day what's one more dog. Umm 3 times a day on top of my normal work schedule is quite a bit of work.

Next time you ask him to work before hand discuss with him what he would like to get paid and work out a deal with him. That way he will know what is coming and it is his job he should be the one handling how everything will work out. His Mom can have some say but in the end it should be between the one who needs the job done and the one working.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

When I used to pet sit it was $5 for feeding on weekdays and $10 on weekends, anything above that like grooming, dealing with litter, or household chores was extra, so it sounds like you got a pretty fair deal. I don't really know where the mother got the idea that you were paying too much, especially since you were trying to help the kid save up for something special.

Comment

Some people can have odd ideas about money (like the friend I mentioned who stiffed me and then had the balls to demand a 'credit'...sorry but you agreed to pay X amount; my asking price is practically a bargain in this town). Shades of "it's a nice side thing, but not a real job".
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That is what I got paid when I watched neighborhood dogs and cats as a kid.

Comment

Working...
          X