Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Plaidman failed a test with every right answer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Plaidman failed a test with every right answer.

So yay. Today easy test day. Multiple choice on cells, molecules and body makeup. Easy.

I was first one done as I whizzed through, seeing as I remember most of it from my last few terms.

Teacher takes it, starts going down it.

Check. Check. Check.

He is making ALOT of checkmarks, and is looking at me with great disappointment, like I was just some big idiot that was just being lucky with how I was last few exams.

My stomach turned. No way in HELL I had that many wrong. I was thinking maybe ONE, because I couldn't wrap my head around pH balance for Acidic and opposite of aklazine. (Greater then 7.23 is acidic...right?).

I start to get up to ask WTF, when he shakes his head at me and motions for me to sit back down.

He gets up to put my test away. He then looks through the test. He looks at me answer sheet. Then he realizes with a shock (he kinda jumped a little). He was using the wrong answer sheet.

With a slight embrassed look, he goes back over my test, and gives me a thumbs up and a A on test.

Afterwards I did talk to him, saying no way in hell I could have that many, and I was like what the hell. He told me the same, that he had no idea how I could have possibly done that, seeing as I been so far.

Pretty funny, I even laughed when I saw him getting the real answer sheet out, *much to the anger of several students who glared at me and went SHUUUUUSH*
    (The same students who keep talking to themselves rather then study during class or listen to the teacher BTW).
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

pH = 7.00 is neutral.

pH > 7.00 is basic.

pH < 7.00 is acidic.
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I'd have had a heart attack at first! Yay for you!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
        pH = 7.00 is neutral.

pH > 7.00 is basic.

pH < 7.00 is acidic.
        yup HCL or hydrochloric acid has a pH of 2-I get to play with it on a daily basis....
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I thought you skipped a bubble on a scantron test :P
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

In the beginning I was apprehensive.

In the middle I was worried.....

...in the end I was chuckling like a madman.

Silly Teacher Man.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

i knew i shoulda pestered you more about this when you texted me earlier...i figured there would be a happy ending. and there was! yay not failing!
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

Hooray for not failing! YAY!
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  yup HCL or hydrochloric acid has a pH of 2-I get to play with it on a daily basis....
                  1.1 if it's undiluted. I got to play with cocaine today! YAY!

I'd be scared shitless if a teacher was going to fail me on a test I knew I passed.
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

So if it's above 7.23, is is basic.
                    Lower then 7.23, is acidic....?
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My answer key is a copy of the test, usually filled out with purple or green marker. Without fail, usually in the middle of grading Mount Holy Crap Why Am I A Teacher There Are Way Too Many Papers The Forest God Is Going To Get Me, I "correct" my answer key and thoroughly confuse myself for a good five minutes or so.

Seriously--Every. Single. Time.

Comment

I don't know where this "7.23" number came from, but anything higher than 7.00 is basic (alkaline). Therefore, a pH of 7.23 is ever so slightly basic, and anything higher than that on the pH scale is also basic. The higher the number, the more basic, until you reach 14. Since the pH is based on a logarithmic scale (the negative log of the hydrogen ion concentration, hydrogen ions, aka "protons", being the species that determines how much "acid" is in there), it tapers off at 14.

The same is true in the opposite direction with respect to acidity. Acidity tapers off at pH = 1.00. You can't have a pH of less than 1.

Comment

The same is true in the opposite direction with respect to acidity. Acidity tapers off at pH = 1.00. You can't have a pH of less than 1.
                          Check your math . What's the pH of a 1M solution?

Comment

I don't know where this "7.23" number came from
                            I think that's because Plaid is in an A&P class. Normal blood pH is somewhere around there, though I'm remembering it as 7.32 for some reason. I'm probably wrong though!

Like everyone else said, lower is acid, higher is base.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                              Check your math . What's the pH of a 1M solution?
                              I stand corrected. I should have said that you can't have a NEGATIVE pH.

However, most of my pH papers and virtually all of my pH meters read on a scale from 1-14.

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                              I think that's because Plaid is in an A&P class. Normal blood pH is somewhere around there, though I'm remembering it as 7.32 for some reason. I'm probably wrong though!
                              Have you seen The Andromeda Strain? I think that may be the reason. 7.32 sounded familiar to me, too. I recall that the extraterrestrial organism in The Andromeda Strain was rendered non-infectious if the pH of the blood was off a little bit in either direction.
                              Last edited by poofy_puff; 07-28-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X