This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another doggy fixed, yay!

We're off to go pick up Annie from the vet's, we had her spayed this morning. Woohoo, no more heats! My Dad won't be happy at all, but this will be so much better for everyone. I'm amazed he still didn't want to fix her even after she delivered two puppies last month . . . and killed them both by morning. The pregnancy was an accident and we were going to keep them (They were SO pretty ) but it's not something we want to go through again.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

A friend of mine has in her household 3 female dogs and one male*...one of the girls is the offspring of the boy and one of the other girls. There were 8 (surviving) puppies in that litter. So far it was their only oops litter (and they've never planned to breed them), but still none of the dogs are fixed. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't have it done.

*a black lab (male, her sister's), a yellow lab (hers), a bassett hound (her mom's), and a black lab/bassett hound mix (her niece's). She and the yellow lab live downstairs and the others live upstairs in a two-family house with a shared yard.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't understand it either, especially if you have both sexes. It's horrible when a female is in heat and you have the male whining nonstop 24/7, like Meeko does. He was really cute today though, he whined for Annie all afternoon and couldn't understand why we left and came back without her.

She did really well though, and is sleeping it off at the moment with a "WTF happened?" look on her face. I was concerned because she's nearly 8 and that's kind of old to be having a first surgery, puppies too, for that matter, but they said she was perfect.

Comment

Aw, glad things went well.

Our cats were fixed at about 5 months old. The boy was already starting to pounce on the girl in a decidedly non-brotherly fashion. Luckily she was having none of it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yay, ShineyGreenApple!

More puppies that WON'T be born and WON'T end up in the hands of the euthanasia vet at a shelter.

Much better this way.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

It sure didn't take long for her to bounce back to normal! She's back to her ways of jumping on us in the furniture and grumbling loudly when she wants to be let out or fed a treat. She can be a lovable little demon

Comment

Working...
            X