This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to scream at my mom.

She gets a spoonful of peanut butter, eats it, and then...leaves the spoon on the counter. Not only that, but she leaves it on the countertop just above the dishwasher, and right next to the sink. So even if the dishwasher is full, she can put it in the sink. But no, she leaves her dirty, peanut-buttery spoon on the counter. Normally, I just curse under my breath and put it in the dishwasher or the sink, but this time has turned into a clusterfuck. Dozens of ants got into the house and swarmed all over the spoon and the fresh produce that was also on the counter. So we had to throw all of that out.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

You need to chill out.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Call her to the carpet on it - bring her into the kitchen, and point it out, "mother, this is pure laziness on your part, i wouldn't have gotten away with this as a child, what makes you think you can?" and then walk out of the kitchen, and when she scoffs, and tells you you're over reacting, remind her how much money all the produce cost that was thrown away - its the principle of the matter.
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
        "mother, this is pure laziness on your part, i wouldn't have gotten away with this as a child, what makes you think you can?"
        "I paid for the food" ? Mothers don't care about principle.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          Mothers don't care about principle.
          Some may.

I know my mom would be pissed at me for pointing out a fault...but she would eventually concede I was right.

Im sorry Gawdzillers, must be frustrating.

Comment

Holy crap that's what I get to put up with all the time. The dishwasher can be empty or half full and crap will be put on the counter, or thrown into the sink without any rhyme or reason and god forbid we should rinse them off.

I have a problem with ants too and yeah it makes a difference, you can't leave that shit on the counters at all. And it's just plain gross.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Are you renting the location where you live? If so, point out the clause in your lease agreement where they can throw you out for causing an insect infestation.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I wouldn't be screaming at my mom, since my mom doesn't take kindly to me screaming at her, but I would be asking her why she gets to leave dirty dishes laying around when I never do.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X