Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This weather is going to be the death of me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weather is going to be the death of me!

Ugh, I'm so ready for winter, you guys. At least a Florida winter. It's over 80 degrees before 10AM every morning, and I can't remember the last time humidity was lower than 70%. For the past week, I've been waking up with a sore throat and my asthma all aggravated, and I'm pretty sure it's the weather, because I sit with the smokers on break at work and that doesn't bother me one way or the other. It's only when I go to bed at night or take a nap.

Shiny doesn't handle the heat well
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Psst - it's been over 80 here before 4am (I usually have to walk some dogs around 3-4am).

And yes, it's humid now.

We didn't even have a spring!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm all for Florida freezing again this winter.

Ok, so I don't necessarily want another freeze. But can we have some dry, below 80F weather? Please?
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

It's 68 and cloudy and breezy here in NJ...

Which is a nice change from what we've been having the last few weeks (upper 90s and even low 100s the week before last and so humid I felt like I was swimming to my car).
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
          I dunno about anyone else, but I'm all for Florida freezing again this winter.

I loved this past winter. Cool at nights (hell, it even snowed here for the first time in over 30 years). Most nights were in the high 40's to mid 50's, days from the low 60's to low 70's. Perfect - open the windows with fans and pile on the blankets (and dogs) at night. Have a nice day out during the day.

I don't mind a few hot days but I think my weather station actually said "supernova" as a temperature the other day.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

California checking in. 88 degrees with 26% humidity. Its nice out.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Im in PA and when I get off of work @ 7am its muggy as a M.F'er and its hard to breathe..I think it should be illegal to be in the 80s before 11am!!...we've been high 90s each day..i might as well be in Florida!!! I was thinking of moving down there, but the heat is a huge deterrent for me..not that its much of a difference here at the moment.

And I dont have Central Air...

Comment

I turned on my "cold" tap water - it came out warm.

That's how hot it is here.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I hate winter and cold, but this isn't much better.

It's either hot and humid wet and rainy all the time, or it's just hot and wet. We get a few good storms to lower humidity for a whole day or two, then it's back again.

If it were just dry heat, I'd love it. But this has been one of the wettest, hottest humid summers ever.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I did 5 days in Germany and Amsterdam a week and a half ago, and all the europeans I play EVE Online with have been complaining about the heat ... I didn't have the heart to tell them that while they have been complaining about it being between 85 and 95, in the US in CT it has hit 100 more than a few days in a row ...

I thought the lack of air conditioning was going to bother me, but the houses and hotels are still set up that you can get actual *airflow* and when combined with a fan, it is pretty comfortable.

We wont get into the jackass we saw in the hotel in Kaiserslautern whinging about the lack of air conditioning. It was only 85 that day and dropped into the low 70s at night, what doe he do, refrigerate his home in the US to below 60 or something?

If I lived in Germany I admit I would go to the expense of air conditioning [or more properly heat exchanging] my house, the air filtering and humidifying/dehumidifying is as much interest to me as the ability to fine tune temperature control to avoid joint pain and migraines ... but you wouldn't hear me whinging about it like that jackass ... all the whinging in the world isn't going to get a desk clerk to pull airconditioning out of their ass ...
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      I hate winter and cold, but this isn't much better. It's either hot and humid wet and rainy all the time, or it's just hot and wet. We get a few good storms to lower humidity for a whole day or two, then it's back again. If it were just dry heat, I'd love it. But this has been one of the wettest, hottest humid summers ever.
                      I think that's why I am unbearably itchy all over my arms/legs. My friend's kids had the same thing, and their doctor said it was allergy to all the mold in the air. That's how bad it is.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A lot of people at work right now are sick as dogs, we're thinking it's because of the weather. It's not good to go in and out in and out constantly from A/C to insta-sweat.

I had it last Thursday.....scratchy sore throat which turned into a tickle the next day, fever, runny nose.....

This weather messed up my brakes in my car also. Not cool.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Kansas here: Today topped at 100 degrees.

I was happy
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                            Kansas here: Today topped at 100 degrees.

I was happy
                            You are a sick, sick man. I hopped in the car at 4:30 to drop of a letter and go to the bank. I never left the car and had the a/c on full blast the whole time. I was dripping sweat by the time I got home.

Luckily, I think the highs in LA are like...78-ish. Perfect.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              You are a sick, sick man.
                              Awww....thanks
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X