This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Has Sexy :(

Absolutely no salon within this area has permanent pink hair dye. I am about to explode. All the wild colors are just stains and fusions, which are anywhere from a few washes to a couple of weeks.

Only my cousin's salon 50 miles away has a rainbow of actual permanent hair dye.

I just want my under layers done in fuschia or hot pink or something along that color scheme. Purple is not hard to come by, almost every salon has it and it's permanent, but it didn't last very long.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

A girl who worked in the warehouse at my last job had her top layer dyed black and her under layer dyed hot pink. I thought it looked AWESOME. Her mom, who was a supervisor in the call center at the time, was not so appreciative. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for mom) the pink dye was apparently not permanent and did not last long at all. The girl ended up getting it all dyed black after just a week or two because almost all of the pink came out after just a couple of washes.

Comment

Go to the beauty supply and DIY.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At Sally?

I'd have to give them a call. I'd rather not do it myself, if it can be avoided. I do have friends who are stylists. I have a friend who HAS permanent hot pink hair dye, but she's almost due to give birth and already has another baby and doesn't quite have the time to do it.

Edit: Thank you so much for the tidbit. Sally's got it. Now to find a friend who would be willing to do it.
        Last edited by blas; 08-05-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I've always wanted to try a different color like that. I've heard people having blue color that ended up turning gray, is that because it wasn't a permanent color??

Comment

I will never DIY my hair again. It always comes out tacky and bad. I'd just drive the fifty miles and go to the salon. Make it a day trip.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I did my hair bright green once. I had to bleach it and then dye it. It took most of the day but turned out nice. The hard part was getting the green out a few months later.

Comment

I'll be doing either blue or purple streaks pre-Dragon*Con. I did purple at D*C last year, and I won't be doing that again. It looked like we'd killed Grimace in the bathtub.

I felt really bad for the poor housekeepers, but we did tell the front desk (repeatedly, I might add) that our tub was backing up...

Comment

When it's finally done--pics or it didn't happen.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you are blond or have light hair it will stay for quite a long time. My very blond friend sprayed in the bright pink wash out kind when we were in 8th grade, her hair was strawberry blond until late in 9th grade (her hair grows slooooow)...it stayed pink all summer then oh so slowly started to fade to strawberry, that's how we learned she would make a lovely red head.
                    It really depends on your hair type, I have darkish brown hair and any dyes I use and any time I get highlights it stays a long time my hair just sucks in the color.
                    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Would a salon do it for you if you provide the dye?
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-06-2010, 12:14 AM.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Would a salon do it for you if you provide the dye?
                        I know mine wouldn't because they don't use the same brand. They don't want to deal with someone saying the color sucks because they bought l'oreal and expected a 500$ dye job.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          I know mine wouldn't because they don't use the same brand. They don't want to deal with someone saying the color sucks because they bought l'oreal and expected a 500$ dye job.
                          Yeah, that's what I was wondering, if they would insist on using only their own supplies.

I actually started to edit my first post to add that line, and then I got distracted, and I just got back and realized it was still sitting on the edit screen.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty hard to get a salon to do it because it's not their dye and most stylists have a hate about home-dye. Although Sally is much better level than what you get at Wal-Mart.

I'm a natural ashy blonde, right now my hair is about 3 shades lighter than my natural color.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              I'm a natural ashy blonde, right now my hair is about 3 shades lighter than my natural color.
                              My best life advice is to never bleach yourself. Its not a DIY thing. Why don't you just make a girls day, hit the salon out of town, do lunch, look cute, etc. Sounds fun

Comment

Working...
                              X