This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baf teim terrorz

Tag rolled around in something stinky and gross today and both dogs have been dirty and smelly for awhile now, so tonight they both got a bath. There's only one problem: they both hate baths. When Ziggy was a puppy, it took both Mr Jedi and I to give her a bath. One to hold her in the tub and one to wash/rinse. She's gotten to the point where she mostly tolerates a bath, but you can tell she definitely hates it. Tag takes two people to bathe as well.

I was finishing up dinner, so Mr Jedi gave Tag a bath. There was much thumping and yelling, but the dog got clean. And then I let Mr Jedi eat dinner while I gave Ziggy a bath. On a side note, I dunno what's been up with Ziggy lately. She was kinda mean to our neighbors' dog the other day and she's been a bit defiant. Add that onto her least favorite activity (bath) and she was not a happy beagle.

Tag's been laying in her bed sometimes the past couple days. I've been trying to discourage him from doing that, but he still does it. Well, he did it right after bath time and Ziggy wanted him out. Lots of bickering and barking ensued. So the dogs were put to bed; Tag in his crate and Ziggy on her dog bed under the table (we don't have room for both crates since Tag's is the MegaSize). Except Ziggy didn't want to stay in her bed. She wanted to wander around the kitchen and sniff around for dropped food. So I got out my Alpha Voice(tm) and she went to bed.

I'm hoping she just needs a little cuddle time and reassurance that Mommy and Daddy still love her. Tag's such a bull in a china shop that I seem to be spending a lot of time trying to get him to calm down. He can't stand it if Ziggy's getting attention and he's not so he sticks his big nose right in your face. So tomorrow I'm gonna have just Ziggy inside with me for a bit.

Here's a pic of the darlings. It's hard to tell, but they're both sopping wet (Ziggy on the left, Tag on the right).
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Both your dogs are adorable, I like your kitchen floor.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

We solved the bath-time dilemma with our Samoyed when he was a puppy. The house had a stand-alone shower stall, so you could actually close the door. Dad would take Kodi (the dog) in the shower with him whenever the dog got rank. The dog loved it, and he didn't escape. Beats bathing Mom's dog in the kitchen sink.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

When Bear (our schipperke) was a puppy, SO gave him his first bath in warm water. He loved it since then and will not take a bath if the water isn't warm ( I learned that the hard way when I gave him a bath for the first time and the water was a bit cold). Jedi, your dogs are cute!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Don't let their looks fool you. They're plotting to take over the world. Or at least the little one is. The big one's kinda dumb.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

My beagle was stubborn with baths at first. He'd always be trying to jump out of the tub and get out of the bathroom. Finally one day he kinda just gave up and just stands there, taking it. But God save us all when we let him out of the bathroom after his bath. He goes flying around the entire house like he's super sugarhigh.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              Don't let their looks fool you. They're plotting to take over the world. Or at least the little one is. The big one's kinda dumb.
              Maybe you should have named them Pinky and the Brain

Pablo wasn't crazy about baths but doing it in the kitchen sink made it easier, since he had nowhere to go (and I didn't have to bend over, and I could pull out the sprayer and make sure he got rinsed off real well). Though he did manage to get water all over the counter most of the time. 5 pounds and ~8 inches tall makes it that much easier

My mini Schnauzer wasn't crazy about baths, either, but she didn't get too many at home. Since my mom wasn't going to cut her hair, she went to the groomer on a regular basis, and she wasn't particularly into rolling around in the dirt, so she didn't get too bad in between.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Blacky (we know that Blacky was part beagle but not exactly what else..looked like a golden retriever with black hair), was an odd Dog. Could rarely keep Blacky out of the water. We had a pond in our back yard, and when we would go fishing Blacky would be on the other side of the pond having a grand ol time swimming (it was a natural pond and big enough that this didn't affect the fishing). If blacky heard the shower or bath running, he would try to get in the bathroom to get a bath or shower.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X