This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing...

Say you have $3000 to invest. Would you ask around and you jump on the very first opportunity that comes your way. No research, no questions, you just hand them your money.

You're looking to buy a used car and you have $5000 to spend. Would you just jump on the first car that fit your budget? No research, no Car Fax report, no test drive, just pay for the car and go?

You want to take some online courses before you go back to college. Would you just sign up and pay for the first site you come across and go with them?

I'm sure most sensible people would answer no to all 3 of these questions. You'd want to at least do some research to find out what was your best fit with what was available.

So why is it so many people, when looking for a dog breeder, do very little research and usually go with one of the first ones they find or worse, go against "expert" recommendations and go with whoever is flashiest?

(Shelter & rescue dogs excluded).

You're going to invest potentially thousands of dollars in a dog (just in the fee to adopt the dog) and many thousands more throughout its lifetime - why just go with the first thing that comes along??
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Because they're so cute and fuzzy and no one could possibly be so heartless as to breed and sell dogs with no concern for their health and well being!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X