This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Cleaning!

So, I have the whole weekend to myself, and I'm deep cleaning the house - you know, all the nooks and crannies you don't normally look in.

So far I've discovered my house is home to far more big black spiders than I wanted to know.

And I found the keys to the shed which had misteriously vanished.

And I threw away old foodstuffs from the cupboard.

And I found some stuff to go on freecycle.

And it's hard work, but I have to keep going now I've come this far.It's all worth it when it's finished.

Ive thrown the fixings for a chicken casserole in the crock pot so at least I don't have to cook dinner when I'm done.
    Last edited by TelephoneAngel; 08-07-2010, 01:38 PM.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Could you spoiler code the spider thing *freaks out* (jk). I might throw some chicken in my crock pot, whats your recipe? I need to do a deep clean too.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Hello Whiskey - hope you're well today?

Sorry, don't know how to do spoiler thing, do you? Can you tell me?

Taking another five minute break then back to the hard work............

I just threw in to the crockpot -

knob of butter, chicken drumsticks, chopped carrot, chopped courgette, chopped potatoes, mixed herbs, tomato puree, chicken stock cubes, cover in water and cook on high for a few hours then turn to low for a couple of hours.

Nothing very special today.

Comment

Doing alright, epic long post in Less Sour, More Whiskey but nothing particularly interesting.

I just turn the text white so you have to highlight to see what it says Spiders freak me out, i can't even see them on TV without wanting to cry.

Comment

Haha, lol I did it, thanks!

Comment

Not much to do now, one large vinyl floor to polish and one room to tidy up and vaccuum then I'm done.

Comment

I suppose I *should* have cleaned the house. But, I hate cleaning too Throw in the fact that I never have visitors, so why bother? The house isn't nasty, but it's not spotless either.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I need to clean next week...I'll have little time for such things once school starts.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I keep starting... then getting distracted... then starting again...

But my bedroom is nice & tidy today at least
                  Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    I suppose I *should* have cleaned the house. But, I hate cleaning too Throw in the fact that I never have visitors, so why bother? The house isn't nasty, but it's not spotless either.
                    I never understood that thinking. I bother because i want it clean for me not anyone else I'm happier in a clean and ordered environment, it's much more pleasant.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Some of us can only think in a clean house. Others can only think in a dirty house.

I'm somewhere near the 'clean' end of the spectrum, with heavy mysterious astral influences! (meaning I have no idea when I can think.)
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post

knob of butter, chicken drumsticks, chopped carrot, chopped courgette, chopped potatoes, mixed herbs, tomato puree, chicken stock cubes, cover in water and cook on high for a few hours then turn to low for a couple of hours.
                        so what you just threw everything in? this is anarchy

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          so what you just threw everything in? this is anarchy
                          One pot cooking at its best.. my favourite way to cook too
                          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                            One pot cooking at its best.. my favourite way to cook too
                            my issue is, not this exact recipe, if you throw in the potatoes with the beans and the veggies with everything else... when the beans are cooked, the veggies are dissolved. I'm trying to figure something out with what i have here (i have a lot).

Maybe ill just throw some shit in there with chicken bullion in your honor.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              my issue is, not this exact recipe, if you throw in the potatoes with the beans and the veggies with everything else... when the beans are cooked, the veggies are dissolved. I'm trying to figure something out with what i have here (i have a lot).

Maybe ill just throw some shit in there with chicken bullion in your honor.

The smaller you cut the potatoes, the quicker they will cook. So, cut your veggies in larger pieces, and potatoes in smaller pieces.

Alternatively, you can use peruvian yellow potatoes. Those things turn to mush if you boil them for more then 15 minutes
                              Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X