This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock

Is anyone watching this? Is it on in the US?

I'm really enjoying it. Benedict Cumberpatch and Martin Freeman are great as Homes and Watson. Sherlock's slight strangeness was well-played and amusing. I wasn't wholly convinced by the mystery in the first episode, but the second was great - it felt like a real Conan Doyle-style mystery.

At 90 minutes the episodes don't feel rushed (like Doctor Who does sometimes). But only 3 episodes! I want more.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

I meant to set the skybox to record it!

/runs off to the iplayer site

thanks for the reminder
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Both my hubs & I are excited about the new Sherlock show (me more than him, but we're definitely Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fans).

It won't be coming to America until December of this year, I think (and then it'll be on BBC America).

Comment

My friend Shroomie (in the Philippines) went NUTS over it. She adores it.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've been downloading it, since I'm in the US. SO getting the DVD when it comes out later this year.

Was skeptical at first, given numerous lousy attempts at modernizing Holmes in the past, but this show is fan-freaking-tastic! I can even forgive the unforgivable lack of moustache on Watson (Martin Freeman has a nice face...).

Also, I may have to get a long trench coat...

The Blind Banker wasn't as good as Study in Pink, but still very good. Pink was a hard act to follow.

Bummed there's only 3 eps this series, and hoping for another one. Then I consider that each ep is 90 minutes, so it's more like a miniseries or trilogy of made for TV movies or something.

No, that doesn't make it any better.

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
          Both my hubs & I are excited about the new Sherlock show (me more than him, but we're definitely Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fans).

It won't be coming to America until December of this year, I think (and then it'll be on BBC America).

It'll be on PBS. ^^
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Yay! PBS will be even better!

Comment

Well, just finished the finale. Here's my reaction:

YOU BASTARDS! YOU BRILLIANT SEXY DR. WHO WRITING SONS OF BITCHES!

*sigh* There had better be another season, that's all I can say.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

You don't really enjoy the full experience of the last episode unless you have someone shouting in your ear 'You sons of bitches!' over the ending.

I do have to agree, seriously? You're leaving it at a cliffhanger when I have no idea when the next episodes will be? You sick bastards.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Well, it had 7.3 mil viewers or something. Up from last week.

Still, probably won't be another for at least a year. ><

Comment

Working...
                  X