This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepy...?

I've been having this odd phenomenon at night, any time I try to go to bed early... If I'm trying to sleep before 1:30 AM, as I drift off, I swear, I hear bells from somewhere inside my bedroom... I have two possible sources that I can think of... There is a Tinkerbell Jim Shore hand bell on my dresser, but it's more wood... and a Tinkerbell ornament on a mini Christmas tree with four bells on it, but they're tiny, and the bell I hear always rings twice...
    Let me tell you, drifting off to sleep in a mostly quiet room, only to be suddenly wakened by bells ringing... and to have the rest of the family laugh it off as drug use...
    "I call murder on that!"

Possibly this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Comment

I blame ghosts!!

But, thanks Lachrymose, that was an interesting article.

Comment

Yes, indeed Lachrymose, very interesting. And I do often hear my full legal name at night as I drift off...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Not this past week, but the Friday before, while I was trying to nap between laundry cycles, I clearly heard my name, and of course I was and I saw something flash from the basement door to the dining room wall and disappear.

Yeah, it's hard to sleep at my parents' house. That damn ghost needs to go.

This isn't the first time I've heard my name before. Never at my apartment, but I heard it at my old apartment, at several people's homes while spending the night, and at my childhood house. Most often whispers, but occasionally a normal tone and somewhat terse "Blas!"
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I hear my phone ring often at night. The sad thing is that my wife is sleeping downstairs (puppy duty) and she'll call me if one of the dogs needs to go out.

Sadly, more than once I've gone down there when i didn't need to.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
            X