Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meh Something else I get to scratch off the list....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh Something else I get to scratch off the list....

... of things I can't eat & drink

That'll be wine

I'm going to a weekend party in a couple of weeks, & as I hadn't touched alcohol for a few months, thought I'd crack a bottle & see how my tolerance is holding out... would hate to get there, have one drink & fall over squiffy

Tolerance appears to be not bad, but I didn't drink the whole bottle, about half.
    This morning however, almost every joint is hurting this morning

Bits of me normally hurt anyway as I have hypermobility syndrome. The alcohol induced hurts have happened in the past, mostly after having more than one of 2 beers; which was the prompt for finding out I have an intolerance to gluten

Bah! If cider/rum have the same effect, looks like I'm going teetotal

The list I mentioned? Heh apart from anything that contains gluten, foods with artificial sweetener taste foul & I'm having to take an antacid every day as fruit, of which I eat a fair bit of is giving me acid attacks as acid reflux can also be a symptom of the HS.

OK, moan over... I shall be quiet now I'm still standing & have a roof over my head so alls good
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Celiac disease?
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

My doc is convinced it is, but my antibody test came back negative... & frankly, I don't fancy spending another 6 weeks eating the stuff to go through another challenge test!

Ah well, that's life I suppose
      Arp happens!

Comment

Well at least you know what to avoid. Theres a theory I might have it, instead of just being insane, but I doubt it.

I'll have a drink for you right now. Um, Yeah.

Comment

Knock yourself out
          Got 1/2 a bottle of wine in the fridge not doing anything now...
          Arp happens!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
            Got 1/2 a bottle of wine in the fridge not doing anything now...
            I will take it home and love it for at least a half hour. gimme

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
              My doc is convinced it is, but my antibody test came back negative... & frankly, I don't fancy spending another 6 weeks eating the stuff to go through another challenge test!

Ah well, that's life I suppose
              My mum has been diagnosed with a wheat allergy not gluten. She can't eat some of the stuff that people who can't eat gluten can because it uses wheat that has been processed to take the gluten out. So that maybe a cause.
              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                My mum has been diagnosed with a wheat allergy not gluten. She can't eat some of the stuff that people who can't eat gluten can because it uses wheat that has been processed to take the gluten out. So that maybe a cause.
                Its a thought but unfortunately I also react to rye, barley & oats.
                Its a challenge though, working out new tasty recipes
                Arp happens!

Comment

Have you tried white wine? My mom took herself off red wine, I honestly can't remember what the offending compound is, but it apparently is bad for sore joints. She has noticed a significant difference. (Of course, my response to that is that if it's white wine I really don't want to drink it anyhow, but that's me).

Comment

I was white wine.. although I do have a bottle of red gathering dust. Hmm maybe I should try that, might have the opposite effect on me
                    Well, if someone I know can get sugar rushes off amphetamine & uses coffee as a sedative, anything could happen!!
                    Arp happens!

Comment

Working...
                    X