This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Drama. Say What?

Ventage ahead, feel free to avoid..i just need to talk. Long.

SOO, some of you guys may remember lovely stories of my sister. To sum it up, shes a huge druggie, alcoholic pot smoking jobless freeloader who (lives with &) treats my parents like poo. Why they tolerate it, I'll never understand.

So anyway, I go to my moms house to see her and spend a Sunday afternoon grilling in the yard etc. I was in the kitchen for a little talking to my mom and my allergies started acting up and the kitchen was kinda stuffy so hubby and I go outside and sit on the porch and people watch as I'm sneezing my little head off.

In the meantime, my older brother, J and his family pop up, as expected since we all usually hang out there on Sundays for family time. Apparently while I was outside and J and his fam went in to say hi to everyone, my little brother, C said something smart to my mom (Hes 13) and my sister, S (who is 24 years old) yells at him "YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER, YOU DONT TALK TO MY FUCKIN MOM LIKE THAT. i SHOULD PUNCH YOU IN YOUR FUCKIN FACE FOR THAT SHIT!".

I should just say that outbursts like this are normal coming from my sister, sadly. She tries to "defend" my mother, but often treats her the very same way...(where do you think C learned it from?) Now my older brother and I do discipline my little brother when he says smart stuff to my mom but never like that. He seems to respond to my older brother and I better b/c he knows we dont tolerate his teenage tricks like my parents do and we sure as hell dont respond to him like my sister does.

Anywho, after this outburst, my sister walks out the room and onto the porch and my mom bursts into tears. My brother J is witness to and it pisses him off.

My brother J is a very calm individual, and it takes a lot to get him started, but holy shit, was he started after that.

I'm on the porch with my hubby and J's wife (my sister in law) and my sister, S. Then J comes out slamming the front door and just tears S a new one.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO MOM LIKE THAT? DO YOU KNOW THAT YOURE MAKING HER CRY? THIS IS BULLSHIT. YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. ALL YOU DO IS BITCH AND ACT LIKE YOU RUN SHIT BUT YOU DONT. THIS ISNT YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN HOUSE, SO GET THE FUCK OUT. YOURE TOO GROWN TO BE ACTING LIKE A BABY...." Loooooooong rant.

In the middle of this rant, some people are walking down the street towards the house and as they approach they hear the screaming and cross the street. I admit I laughed at this even in the midst of the yelling.

And my sisters response to all of this? "What the fuck you talking about?"

J just starts yelling all over again. Her response to that? "Whatever"

Now, we couldve stopped him from yelling and tried to calm him down but everything he said was true. Everyone kinda just let him rant at her. He finally calms down enough to go inside. His wife follows him in. So its just me and hubby and my sister on the porch.

I break the silence: So, how about them Phillies?
    My Hubby: I fucking hate the Phillies.
    Sister: Whys everyone so fuckin serious? This is bullshit! (and storms off inside)

Sister heads to her room, dresses, and leaves. The rest of us proceeded to have a pleasant afternoon with my mother, shooting the shit and grilling and eating and watching the kids play and playing with the dog.. One of the best afternoons Ive had there in a while.

/sigh.

I dont know what its going to take for my sister to wake up but when she does, shes going find shes fallen far and hard.....and there will be no one there to help her up.

Wow, that sounds like my sister, except she's not on drugs, so she doesn't even have that reason. There's a reason I call her the She-beast.

<offers cookies and booze> here's to family...especially those branches you just can't prune off.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      There's a reason I call her the She-beast.

<offers cookies and booze> here's to family...especially those branches you just can't prune off.

Im sure my hubby would love to call her a She Beast...they rather...dislike each other. And thats putting it mildly.

I just wish I could help my mother in some way. Ive spoken with her and basically laid all the cards on the table, and had a no holds barred conversation about what she should be doing with my sister (ie..kicking her out) but my mom doesnt want to "abandon" her daughter. My mom has a huge alcohol issue. I can see that she drinks to numb the pain...and all my sister does is pile it on. My dad doesnt help either. It blows all around.

I love cookies and booze btw, white chocolate macadamia with my fav niagra... Mmmmm...

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        I dont know what its going to take for my sister to wake up but when she does, shes going find shes fallen far and hard.....and there will be no one there to help her up.
        You answer is the end of your question

edit: read your last post. Give up hope, mom isn't going to let go. She drinks because she needs a drink, you sisters drama gives her a "good" reason.
        Last edited by Whiskey; 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
        X