This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Ok. I have tried to google it, I've tried to reason through it..but either my mind is not capable of understanding it..or something is wrong.

Can somebody tell me a sane, logical, and rational reason why somebody would use a floor buffer on carpet? Because if there is one, my mind refuses to acknowledge it's existence.

Oh and it is This kind
    Last edited by Mytical; 08-11-2010, 08:02 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Okay - I'll bite, under what circumstances did you see this rather bizarre incident?

There's gotta be a great story around this one!

No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

They needed to wax the carpet to keep down the static electricity.

Or maybe they were creating the static buildup?

Or maybe.. they were planning on carpet surfing.

I got nothing...
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I think it depends on the carpet - because I can recall, during a brief stint working with the custodians at an elementary school, using a buffer on an entrance carpet that wasn't removable, to clean it. We put soap down, used a brush attachment, and had at.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

That sounds like something the cleaning people at the swamp would do.

They dust mop the floors AFTER they scrub and burnish them, FFS.

Unless there's a brush attachment on the scrubber, I would think cleaning carpet with it would tear the hell out of the pad.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ok, we have a little office..that has carpet. One of the cleaners in the company, put UP the sweeper, didn't attach anything to the buffer, and plugged it up. In a way they were lucky however, they tripped a breaker as the scrubber was industrial strength..and can only be plugged in certain areas (draws a lot of power). As soon as I saw what was happening, I tried to warn them..but they ignored me. Then they tried to plug it in another place, and tripped yet another breaker. I thought maybe, just maybe I was having a brain burp and couldn't figure it out.....Hoped I was missing SOMETHING that would make this make any sense what so ever.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

would have stopped after tripping the first breaker, IF i didn't know what a buffer was or what it looked like. Yeah lets ignore the guy that knows what he's doing and continue tripping breakers until the wires are fried or something.

Comment

Well I am not a cleaning guru or anything, my job is Security, but you just look at the device, and 1 and 1 does not equal 50. I thought maybe there was something the pros knew that I didn't.

Comment

well..unless someone above you told them to I to cannot see a reason why a carpet needs buffing. but I'm sure there was a reason

Comment

To answer your origional query, alcohol? I've taken to explaining all kinds of SC/sucky coworker behavior by dead brain cells.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                    X