This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beautiful Sight

one of the things concerning my job is that I am outside a lot. this can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

one of the perks I really like is this. during this summer we have had a record amount of rainfall which means lots of mositure in the air. well last Friday around 7:30pm at the end of a nasty storm there was a brief break in the clouds and the sun shone brightly for a few minutes.

as I was coming back from a delivery I look to the east and here is what I saw (sorry no pics as I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me on days like this when I know stuff like this will happen)

a full arc from end to end, brightly colored full on RAINBOW. from my perspective a rare and beautiful sight. I have not seem many full arc rainbows in my life. as I got out of my car, all I could do for a minute was just to stand there and stare in total wonderment

made the rest of my night pleasent as the memory lingured.

the downside to this was the streets were still flooded out and driving was difficult at best trying NOT to flood out my car again.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

every once in a while we get a really good rain with just the right conditions
    have had 4 rainbows in the same location since buying the house in november

they are full arch cause the middle bit ends up mixing with the clouds but either end is clear and strong. whole thing looks like it is above my house and straight ahead for about 4 blocks
    (only fields no real blocks but easy ref)

whats neat is some times you get a double rainbow

either way these are so big its like holding a 6 inch ruler to the sky
    europe has really impressive skies

Comment

Working...
    X