This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    I picked up a great movie from Britain called "Ghostwatch", and although I understand what they meant, I could not help but laugh whenever they refered to the room beneath the stairs as the 'gloryhole'.

I guess I've been on the Internet too long...
    That as well depends on regional slang; where I come from, we call it the "cupboard under the stairs" regardless of size. XD

If anyone is still having trouble with English slang, just use this handy translater: http://www.translatebritish.com/
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I am lucky, as I have a sister who has lived in England for the last 7 years, and thus can usually provide me with such translations.

"Well then, Jester, why didn't you ask her your original question in this thread?"

Well, that's simple, really. I'm an idiot.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester,

You can easily make caster sugar at home. Just pulse regular granulated sugar a few times in the food processor.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I believe the same type of hat is known as "toque" in Canada and "pipo" in Finland. Bobble optional.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
            You can easily make caster sugar at home. Just pulse regular granulated sugar a few times in the food processor.
            Oh, I don't need to duplicate it. I was just wondering what it was.

Since I don't bake, this is not a huge issue for me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X