This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppies.... (YES AGAIN!!!)

So, as some of ou may know, Im "trialing" a puppy that my cousin cant keep anymore.

Hes a cutie, hasnt fought with the other dog and seems to love the kids.

We were giving him a once over. Hes a Pom, so hes fluffy as hell. A Fur meatball. However, Hubby and I noticed we could feel every single one of his ribs as well as all the notches on his spine.. I dont know if they werent feeding him or maybe not putting enough for him. Every time I put food down its gone in like 10 secs (ive only been putting a 1/4 cup at a time), he also looks for my other dogs food to eat.

At this point, even if he werent getting along with the dog, I think we'd tell my cousin we'd keep him just so that we could find him a better home. They cant keep him anymore b/c they live on a second floor apt, the wife is pregnant and they werent able to take him out as often as he needed to be out. Im guessing that if they were tired of taking him outside, they may have stopped giving him food and water. This makes me sad. I dont want to ask b/c i dont want to sound judgemental (even though it pisses me off).

/sigh. Ill make a vet appt for sometime soon.

is it a pibble
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
      is it a pibble
      *tapes whiskeys mouth shut*
      i love pibbles too and rotties and puggys and Inus but stop torturing the poor girl.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        *tapes whiskeys mouth shut*

I know sign language.

Comment

LOL! Thanks Slicey... I appreciate the back up...

No, not a pibble.*mutters under breath about hurting someone and tying them up*cough* whiskey*cough*

Is a fluffy, sissy Pom....but I think he was starved...

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            .*mutters under breath about hurting someone and tying them up*cough* whiskey*cough*
            do what you will but a pom is not a pibble .

Comment

Nope! But they are still dogs, and all that dogs are wonderful for: family, loyalty, someone to be there at the beginning and end of any day... the like.
              Pibbles, as you say Whiskey, will take off faces if provoked-- and the Poms can deal with the toes and knees.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

So, anyone have an opinion on this? Besides Whiskey <YES I KNOW A POM IS NOT A STUPID PIBBLE!!>

Comment

Well, it seems like you're doing the sensible thing: taking care of the little guy until a good home can be found, yours or otherwise. I vote you're doing good, Amina.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    Well, it seems like you're doing the sensible thing: taking care of the little guy until a good home can be found, yours or otherwise. I vote you're doing good, Amina.
                    Me too . He looks like a nice little dog. I like his smiling face and you can certainly not let him be starved to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X