Clear All

• People who work for publishers!

I am interested in getting a job as an editor, so I was wondering:
    1) What kind of degree do I need?
    2) Who should I talk to?
    3) What else do I need to know?

Thanks!
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

I work for a newspaper, and my boss was recently promoted to publisher. My advice would be is to maybe call a newspaper and ask to speak to an editor and ask some questions.

A lot of the people at my paper get where they are at by being promoted from within. I would say that you would have to start at a lower level, like reporter, in circulation, etc, to learn all aspects of a paper, then if an opening occurs, you can apply from within.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

A degree in either journalism or communication studies would be good, as would a strong background in English and/or Creative Writing. Bonus: if you go to college, be sure to get a job at the college paper. That'll get you lots of experience and connections.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Also Linguistics
        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
        X