Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions you NEVER want to be asked in a bar!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions you NEVER want to be asked in a bar!

Figured this might be interesting:

I was at one of the small neighborhood bars earlier, and noticed the female bartender kept checking me out. She looked familiar, but I didn't think much of it.

When I asked for my second beer, she said:

"Hey - aren't you one of *Bob Smith's* baby-mamas?" (name changed to protect the not-so-innocent)

The 'baby' is 22 years old. Turns out, she had been the owner of a bar that my first ex-husband and I used to hang in.

I knew she looked familiar, but holy crap - over 20 years back?

*sigh* - Proof positive that one can never TRULY escape their past.

Anyone else got any?
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 08-27-2010, 02:45 AM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

So I take it you are the baby momma?

I've never been asked any inappropriate questions in a bar.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      So I take it you are the baby momma?

I've never been asked any inappropriate questions in a bar.
      Yes. We spent the next 10 minutes commisserating about the old crowd and exactly how many baby-momma's there were, including me.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Is that your real hair?!?! *cue head pawing*

Comment

not at the bar, but one night i drunkenly gave my number to some dude. the next day he kept texting me with weird questions like "are you a virgin?" "how many guys have you slept with?" "what kind of wedding do you want?"
          yeeeeah...i blocked his number.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
            not at the bar, but one night i drunkenly gave my number to some dude. the next day he kept texting me with weird questions like "are you a virgin?" "how many guys have you slept with?" "what kind of wedding do you want?"
            yeeeeah...i blocked his number.
            Ewwwww.

Yeah, I'll take the 'baby momma' questions, thanks.

Comment

"how many guys have you slept with?" is always answered with "all of them"
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Whiskey, that gets a Becks Seal of Approval.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Im your dad, got any weed?"
                  Yes, the only time I ever met my father was in a bar. My older brother brought him there, knowing me and little brother would be there.
                  Me and lil brother left without speaking to the dirty rat bastard.

Comment

Quoth Itsjustpizza View Post
                    "Im your dad, got any weed?"
                    Yes, the only time I ever met my father was in a bar. My older brother brought him there, knowing me and little brother would be there.
                    Me and lil brother left without speaking to the dirty rat bastard.
                    Mother of God.

You win. That's awful...I'm so sorry.

Comment

"You wanna go to my place for some pizza and sex?" - sleazeball

"NO!" - me, fighting back the urge to put him in a coma

"What, you don't like pizza?" - sleaze

"You mother fuck-" - me, then being dragged away by my friend's husband.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe it was the way he said it but I am dying right now. "What, you dont like pizza?" sounds like something I would say.

This isnt so much a question as.. awkward and creepy. A guy who had a good 30 years on me sat next to me in a (gay) bar. I'm sitting there drinking my drink and watching the golden girls on the plasma, minding my own business. The guy makes some idle chat with me, boring bar talk about nothing and then pops off with

"MAN, I wish a blonde with big boobs would take me home"

I ignore it despite the fact that the people 3 seats down heard him and continue watching my show (girl, blanche is forever fierce idc). Once again, but louder this time cause apparently I'm deaf

"MAN, I wish a blonde with big boobs would take me home"

Dear lord, hes never going to shut up and he thinks hes being coy. Finally, I just respond

"Me too, dude"

He slinked off.

edit: should i cross post this in dating/girl(boy!) horror stories?
                        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I'm actually safe at the gay bar here. I rarely go to it, because it's in a bad part of town, but when I have gone there, I have never been hit on by anyone. And damn that felt great.

Yet, none of my friends ever want to go there. If we went to the gay bar every time, I'd still go out, screw the money problem.

And I agree, Golden Girls forever. Blanche was my favorite.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                            Mother of God.

You win. That's awful...I'm so sorry.
                            *accepts hugs*
                            No big deal. I was much better off with him not in my life.
                            Last edited by protege; 08-27-2010, 10:55 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote tag :)

Comment

Edit for inappropriateness if you need to. I actually did get asked this at one point.

"So can I walk out with this beer if I shove it up my ass?"

I knew he was being a jackass, but still...
                              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X