Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bizarre Roommate Quest Continues.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Whiskey, Amina, et al...you just have to drag it into every thread, don't you?
    hey at least 90% of my responses were on topic this time
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Has that last guy never heard of a storage unit? Probably cheaper, too.
      Again, I think he was up to something on the shady side. And in his shady mind, he probably figured that a storage unit would leave a paper trail, whereas renting a room would not. Of course, he didn't know that my apartment complex would require him to be on the lease. Luckily, we didn't get that far along in things.

UPDATE: No news is bad news. No calls from any of the previous potential roommates, and no new calls. Today sucked. The only thing I accomplished was going to the gym (yay!). Maybe I'll go to the grocery store. Ah, the excitement of a Saturday in paradise.

Ironically, I was supposed to go hang out at a female coworker's pool with her and her roommate, but I never heard from her either. My phone is, like me, getting no love lately.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Ironically, I was supposed to go hang out at a female coworker's pool with her and her roommate, but I never heard from her either. My phone is, like me, getting no love lately.
        hit that gym hard and you'll be gettin' love in no time. I got two wolf whistles today. I'd like to personally thank deadlifts and squats for that.

Comment

Hey, I get wolf whistles now.

My goal is to start getting them from women.

Still A Customer."

Comment

its more of an accomplishment if you can get them from the gays, honestly

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Hey, I get wolf whistles now.

My goal is to start getting them from women.
              LMAO!!!!

Any attention is good attention?

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                its more of an accomplishment if you can get them from the gays, honestly
                Consider me accomplished, then.

Still A Customer."

Comment

*wolf whistles the sexy god* Hey I remember those pictures posted....

Comment

Which ones? There are so many of me floating around on the internet, I've lost track.

Still A Customer."

Comment

When you were deciding between the goatee and clean shaven.

Comment

I dont even need to see pics and i call clean shaven. Goatees are weird. And I never met a guy who had a goatee who wasnt a total douche (youre not a douche are you jester? dont break my fragile, bourbon marinated liver heart)

The original post about Creepy Dude in the horrors thread had a goatee.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          When you were deciding between the goatee and clean shaven.
                          Ah. That was a while back, methinks.

On my 40th birthday, I shaved off the goatee. That lasted about a month before I grew it back again. Then last Saturday when I was getting a haircut, I had my (awesome) haircutter take the goatee off again. Don't know how long it will last this time. Like my father before me, I eventually always grow back the fur, though he had a full beard and I can only do the goatee. Don't mind that, though, because it's just a manifestation of me not inheriting his incredibly hairy gene!

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                          I dont even need to see pics and i call clean shaven. Goatees are weird. And I never met a guy who had a goatee who wasnt a total douche (youre not a douche are you jester? dont break my fragile, bourbon marinated liver heart)
                          I am not a douche, I am an asshole. And damn proud of it. And to say all guys with goatees are douches is just generalizing. Seriously, I expect better from a fellow drunk like yourself.

As for me, I am at the moment cleanshaven (see above). Before my birthday in June, though, I had been cleanshaven a total of 12 weeks in the last 12 years. I prefer the goatee, but I definitely look much younger without it. (I've had a few people this week guess me in my 20's!)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            And to say all guys with goatees are douches is just generalizing. Seriously, I expect better from a fellow drunk like yourself.
                            hey don't generalize all drunks ok

Comment

Cute, Whiskey. Very, very cute.

UPDATE: Texted my Lou's boss, who's a friend of mine. Asked her to have Lou call me. Figured maybe we could salvage something. Or at least I could find out why he didn't show.

Well, Lou just called me. Apparently the other day he got in a major fight with his father. (The reason he was looking for a place to live was to get out of living with his father, who apparently he doesn't get along all that well with.) So he had to get out that day. So he moved in with a friend of his who isn't charging him at all, at least for the moment. He apologized for not showing up the other day to meet me as scheduled. He also said that, quite honestly, he doubted he could have come up with the move-in anyway.

So I don't feel this is a great loss on my part. Dude had drama, questionable finances, and was unreliable--I only heard from him about him not showing after I texted his boss.

Yeah, don't need that in my life.

NEXT!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                My phone is, like me, getting no love lately.
                                Should I be texting you, my friend?
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X